If you were a judge....

If you were a judge, based on the shows youve either seen live or on video, give us your top three in each category. Please try to be impartial, we're all homers for our particular favorites, but try to be logical and through the eyes of judges:

i'll start:

GENERAL EFFECT:

CAVALIERS

CADETS

CROWN

HM: BD

VISUAL:

CAVALIERS

CADETS

BD

HM:CROWN

GUARD:

CAVALIERS

CADETS

CROWN

HM:BLUE STARS

BRASS:

BD

CROWN

CADETS

HM:CAVALIERS

PERCUSSION:

SCV

BD

CAVALIERS

HM:BLUECOATS

At this point in the season, this is what I see: (note- These are not necessarily what I personally want, nor is it how I think it will lie come Finals)

GE:

Cadets

Cavaliers

Madison

HM: Blue Devils/SCV

VISUAL:

Cadets

Blue Devils

Cavaliers

HM: Bluecoats

GUARD:

Cavaliers

Cadets

Crown

HM: Blue Devils

BRASS:

Blue Devils

Crown

Cadets

HM: Cavaliers

PERCUSSION:

SCV

Blue Devils

Cavaliers

HM: Bluecoats

GENERAL EFFECT:

The Cavaliers

The Cadets

Madison Scouts

HM: Blue Stars

VISUAL:

The Cavaliers

The Cadets

Blue Stars

GUARD:

The Cavaliers

The Cadets

Blue Stars

BRASS:

Madison Scouts

The Cadets

Blue Devils

HM: The Cavaliers

PERCUSSION:

Santa Clara Vanguard

The Cavaliers

Blue Devils

HM: Blue Stars

GENERAL EFFECT:

Cavaliers

Cadets

Crown

VISUAL:

Cavaliers

Cadets (very close 2nd right now)

BD

GUARD:

Cavaliers

Cadets

Phantom

BRASS:

BD

Cavaliers

Cadets

PERCUSSION:

SCV

Cavaliers

Bluecoats

I feel the need to explain my position though... (I also did myself judgement outside of my fandom of The Cavaliers) In GE I put The Cavaliers in first because as someone else mentioned in another thread awhile back ago... The name of the show is XtraordinarY GE wise it can be unlimited. They have upside down players (and I do know there was a WGI group that did something like this before and I thank this group) not just that but they could add in so much more GE wise. So to think about it, its not really a themed show they can do really what ever they want with it.

In visual I put The Cavaliers in first (but cadets would barely be in 2nd). The Cavies again this season are expressing geometry in motion. I remember sitting in the theater actually thinking to myself (OH **** don't run into each other... OMG! THAT WAS EPIC!)Yet again visually i'm proud of them! But Cadets too have great visuals. I was also in shock with what they were doing! But I feel that The Cavaliers had a little more to offer (I know I haven't seen any shows yet so I have to go with what I saw at the start of the season).

Guard most certainly The Cavaliers. What they are doing is just GREAT! To be honest, there guard uniforms grew on me and now I don't really mind them one bit (still weird but it fits the style of the show). I haven't seen lately what the guard is doing but I have heard wonderful things and i'm looking forward to seeing it in Houston and SA.

Brass, I gave it to BD... They do sound good I won't lie. The music they are playing is wonderful! Like I said before the only thing that bothers me this year from them is the show design. I think there are WAY to many props on the field and not enough marching. Does it mean I HATE the show? No, the music really makes up for some of the design flaws (drill wise). I heard they worked out some new drill right? So I am hoping they took away some props away and added some sub sets. More or less I hope to see more marching and playing now... I put The Cavaliers in 2nd because, well, I remember last year at the start of the season, I heard a lot of... nasty sounds from that horn line. Then listening to finals (of course I know everyone gets better from the first show) that horn line really improved themselves and played out more. I felt as if it was a well deserved 2nd place horn line. This year they started WAY stronger than last year. So in my opinion The Cavaliers horn line is the wild card. They were mature and what that tells me is that they are going to keep sounding and getting better... watch out for cavies horn line this year.

Percussion I gave it to SCV they are CLEAN! What more needs to be said?

Sorry that I made it so long, I just felt the need to explain a little. More or less each corps this year has something to offer and it makes me a proud DCI fan! :thumbup:

Edited by Hook'emCavies

GENERAL EFFECT:

1.CROWN

2.CAVALIERS

3.CADETS

HONORABLE MENTION: BLUE STARS!

VISUAL:

1.CAVALIERS

2.CADETS

3.CROWN

HONORABLE MENTION:BLUE STARS

GUARD:

1.CROWN

2.CAVALIERS

3.CADETS

HONORABLE MENTION: BOSTON CRUSADERS

BRASS:

1.CROWN

2.CAVALIERS

3.CADETS

HORNABLE MENTION (GET IT?): BLUE STARS

PERCUSSION:

1.CROWN

2.BLUE STARS

3. CAVALIERS

Take that for what it's worth (which ain't much.)

Edited by Cardman