Best 4th Place Show

Best 4th Place Show  

155 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these was the greatest 4th place show?

• 2000: Santa Clara Vanguard - "The Age of Reverance"
    • 2001: Santa Clara Vanguard - "New Era Metropolis"
    • 2002: Santa Clara Vanguard - "Sound, Shape, and Color"
    • 2003: Phantom Regiment - "Harmonic Journey"
    • 2004: The Cadets - "Living With The Past"
    • 2005: Blue Devils - "Dance Derby of the Century"
    • 2006: Bluecoats - "Connexus"
    • 2007: Phantom Regiment - "On Air"
    • 2008: Carolina Crown - "Finis"
    • 2009: The Cavaliers - "The Great Divide"
    • 2010: Carolina Crown - "A Second Chance"

You guys know what to do. :thumbup: voting ends in approximately 24 hours. Also, please vote for the 5th place poll thats going on currently as well. Stay tuned for the small tweak that I'm adding for the final three corps as well.

Personally, this one is the hardest out of the top twelve for me.

This is very tough but my vote is Phantom 07 On Air !!!

• Like 1

Has to be Age of Reverence. One of the best shows of the decade, no matter the placement. That show is Santa Clara, through and through. And I keep seeing shade of this show in the 2011 show, maybe we'll end up with a sequel.

• Like 1

Gut instinct, 08 Crown. 07, 03 Phantom are almost a tie.

Tough one! I went with Age of Reverence, a show that basically made an SCV fan out of me when I saw it from the upper deck at finals. But Harmonic Journey was also an extremely memorable performance. And there's a lot of good things you could say about Finis too - who doesn't love the music, or the homage to classic drum corps drill in the closer?

2003 Phantom Regiment " Harmonic Journey " got my vote here. ( Crown, 2008 2nd )

Edited by BRASSO

Had to go with Vanguard 02. 2nd favorite Vanguard show ever. REALLLLLY underrated in my opinion.

Agreed.

Sidenote: Unfortunately, this series of polls seems to be "who remembers which show the best". Because I KNOW that if corresponding videos were with each of these polls, the results wouldn't be so much in favor of the recent years. (Not at all meant to sound like a "back in my day" rant...)

• Like 3

Agreed.

Sidenote: Unfortunately, this series of polls seems to be "who remembers which show the best". Because I KNOW that if corresponding videos were with each of these polls, the results wouldn't be so much in favor of the recent years. (Not at all meant to sound like a "back in my day" rant...)

I'm with you on that one. I don't think it's that the quality has gotten that much higher in the last two years, but I think it's that people remember those shows more, and are more likely to vote for them. Maybe in 5 years, if they do this poll again, we'll see the winners of this poll left behind to more recent shows, but I'd still like to see more of the earlier decade get recognized.