Magical Middleton (Madison) Maddness and Mayhem

So then, according to your theory, on all those separate occasions where Debbie had Bloo much lower than normal, you are saying that she "scored what she saw fit on those nights." Therefore, it JUST SO HAPPENED that on three different nights, with her judging a different caption on each of those nights, the Bluecoats just so happened to not do as well in HER caption only. "Darn! That is so unlucky of them!!!"(<-sarcasm) :w00t:

You are missing the point. Nero was pointing out that she is constantly scoring Bloo low no matter the night NOR the caption she's judging. It is not a matter of what happened on a particular night, as you say it is; we aren't talking about one night. Her judging them low in any caption is consistent and starting to become predictable. As I said before, "while I think it is a good thing to have a judge who does not slot (wish we had more), it's still just as bad when one is that far-fetched with their scoring, consistently, to a point where bias starts to seem highly plausible."

And if she just happened to have had the same corps high on her sheets each of those contests, would she be praised by those who felt the corps should be high? And would she be scorned by fans of the other corps.

As I've long said, when a judge agrees with one's own opinion, they're a genius. When they don't, they're a scoundrel.

I guess it's not possible for someone to think one corps has a product they personally prefer or think is better than someone else, and to think it consistently. If one doesn't care for a particular content, that isn't likely to change in the course of a few days.

A few years ago, there was a heated public outcry over the scores of one judge who had a certain corps down on their sheets at the beginning of the season. The end of the season saw this corps consistently in the same spot with that caption. Was that judge vindicated in the eyes of certain fans? No. And if that judge "seen the light" and scored that corps high at the end of the season, would they have been roundly praised for their insight and enlightenment? Yes.

Until God decides to get actively involved in judging drum corps and points His finger through the clouds at the winning corps for each caption, we'll have to depend on judges, who are mere mortals.

Or depend on me deciding who gets what score and when, because I've always been perfect in my analyses. :devil::muahaha::angel1::united::inlove:

And if she just happened to have had the same corps high on her sheets each of those contests, would she be praised by those who felt the corps should be high? And would she be scorned by fans of the other corps.

As I've long said, when a judge agrees with one's own opinion, they're a genius. When they don't, they're a scoundrel.

Read it again... it was edited. My opinion of that score being a little far-fetched has nothing to do with the fact that I like the Bluecoats. The only part where me liking Bluecoats has anything to do with it is I MIGHT not care enough to post about it if it happened to a different corps. :music:

Edited by shockkwavvv

I would never attack the Torcher's credibility!

At least until the day she earns some.

• Like 1

I would never attack the Torcher's credibility!

At least until the day she earns some.

That reminds me of a friend of mine from Cavies who said to me a long time ago, "We don't really care TOO much about what the judges think... If they knew what they were doing, they'd be on our staff." :shutup:

Edited by shockkwavvv
  • Like 1

Read it again... it was edited. My opinion of that score being a little far-fetched has nothing to do with the fact that I like the Bluecoats. The only part where me liking Bluecoats has anything to do with it is I MIGHT not care enough to post about it if it happened to a different corps. :music:

I only responded to a couple paragraphs, which is why I just utilized those in my response.

The only way to know if a particular judge is rewarding something others aren't seeing or not seeing something others are catching is to have a double panel on that particular night...or a triple, quadruple or quintuple panel. Then we could see what each judge is seeing in comparison to the others on a particular day.

But it's late. I think I'll go to bed now. When I wake up, all the judges will be on the same page. :tongue::sleeping:

I only responded to a couple paragraphs, which is why I just utilized those in my response.

...and the questions in your response were answered in the part you didn't include... which is why I said read it again. :smile:

The only way to know if a particular judge is rewarding something others aren't seeing or not seeing something others are catching is to have a double panel on that particular night...or a triple, quadruple or quintuple panel. Then we could see what each judge is seeing in comparison to the others on a particular day.

I'd love to see it happen... and hear the tapes! :thumbup: But still, you can get a rough idea of how a corps is doing on a night to night basis. Perfectly? no.. but most of the same things happen the same way night to night, with a few exceptions. Do you really think a multiple panel tonight would have scored it like Debbie did on any of those other nights? I mean, it's possible, but I think it's fairly safe to say at this point probably not. The top corps today are more consistent in July than you think. I DO agree, however, that a multiple panel like that would be the BEST way to tell. Thank God for the doubles in the late season. :satisfied:

One thing is for sure.. DCP wouldn't be this much fun if it wasn't for Debbie :lookaround:

...and the questions in your response were answered in the part you didn't include... which is why I said read it again. :smile:

Ah, that doesn't surprise me. I'll walk into a room in my house with great purpose, holding a screwdriver in one hand and a tube of toothpaste in the other and stand there wondering why I'm there. And when I realize I have absolutely no idea why, I put the screwdriver in the refrigerator and the toothpaste on top of the microwave and go sit down on the living room couch, where I find my keys inside the comics section of the newspaper from the day before.

• Like 1

That makes a lot more sense to me now, I just wish it didn't have to be explained first for me to get it though.

The design is base around the musical and the effects. You can goggle it to get what is going on. Example the singing is their war cry/ song. The silk is him praying to god for forgiveness etc. Maybe they need to wright something for the people to understand the different section of the design It's been a while sense people have seen the musical. Great show great design/ movement / soloist and color. Staff have done a great job with this show. The other shows that I have seen live are enjoyable as well. Join the crusade. Have a great day.

Edited by emc2

I guess it's not possible for someone to think one corps has a product they personally prefer or think is better than someone else, and to think it consistently. If one doesn't care for a particular content, that isn't likely to change in the course of a few days.

A few years ago, there was a heated public outcry over the scores of one judge who had a certain corps down on their sheets at the beginning of the season. The end of the season saw this corps consistently in the same spot with that caption. Was that judge vindicated in the eyes of certain fans? No. And if that judge "seen the light" and scored that corps high at the end of the season, would they have been roundly praised for their insight and enlightenment? Yes.

Until God decides to get actively involved in judging drum corps and points His finger through the clouds at the winning corps for each caption, we'll have to depend on judges, who are mere mortals.

Or depend on me deciding who gets what score and when, because I've always been perfect in my analyses. :devil::muahaha::angel1::united::inlove:

And the comment did not come from anyone in that corp.