Magical Middleton (Madison) Maddness and Mayhem

And I'm shocked by the judge who did it...

sarcasm or serious? (see my post a few back about Debbie T)

sarcasm or serious? (see my post a few back about Debbie T)

Oh, he is quite serious.

Scores not moved much at all this week. Pretty much the same for everyone all week.

Obviously waiting for the Blue Stars to finish their changes leaving room to slot them in properly. :rolleyes:

• Like 3

Obviously waiting for the Blue Stars to finish their changes leaving room to slot them in properly. :rolleyes:

LOL nice :worthy::worthy:

I just got back from the show and the spreads seem about right with exception of Bluecoats. All 10 of us Scouts homers were BLOWN away with Bloo's show. This show was FANTASTIC. Easily our favorite. There is something about the way Bloo plays/sounds that is different than everyone else. There mello's made my ears bleed at one point. This show has legs and they really arent that far behind Cavies. WOW they were good. Cavaliers are the loudest they have been in recent memory. Visually your never quite sure where to look because there is so much going on. I loved it. As for Madison, they have some amazing musical moments and certainly the end of closer is epic but there are several times throughout the show where there is not a whole lot going on. I think they need to change the way the drum feature ends. It doesnt quite work. Boston is solid and I dont have really anything bad to say. Its clear they are on Madisons heels and I can see why. Colts, nice show but didnt do much for me. Troop was great. Amazing the sound they get with less brass. Awesome moment in closer where the corps has a long sustain, DM turns to the crowd and salutes, then returns to the corps and starts directing again. Chills!

Overall it was a great night of drum corps in Middleton. My impression of how the spreads should have gone would have been

Cavies

Coats -1.0

Scouts -4.0

Boston -5.0

Troop -8.0

Colts -10.0

Sorry for all the .0's but I dont want to out think this.

• Like 2

so far this season I don't think I'm a big Debbie Torchia fan-- praying to God she doesn't judge on Saturday on Finals night

@ Martin, TN had SOA over coats in GE visual

@ Roundrock had coats in 7th place for CG

Tonight vis ensemble 4th behind BAC

... not saying coats should have been 1st in those categories at all- just seems out of line with the rest of the scoring and with the scoring spreads in those captions on nights when those captions have different judges-

just my $0.02

I realize many will disagree- but I'm saying it anyways.

That is quite a point. Think about that for a second... No matter what caption she scores Bluecoats in, they place MUCH lower in her's than in the other captions that night. Likewise, they always place WAY lower in her caption than they do on all the other nights with any other judge. So either she's out to lunch and has some sort of bias against Bloo, or just about the entire rest of the judging community is severely over-placing the Bluecoats. Don't you know by now that it's an accepted practice for judges to display their personal dislike for certain corps by... being a judge!?!? :doh:

It's one thing for a judge to disagree with the other judges... that's fine! (That's the whole point of having many different judges, and I believe that is a good thing!) However, being so far off on a different planet is another story. :blink:

Edited by shockkwavvv
  • Like 1

That is quite a point. Think about that for a second... No matter what caption she scores Bluecoats in, they place MUCH lower in her's than in the other captions that night. Likewise, they always place WAY lower in her caption than they do on all the other nights with any other judge. So either she's out to lunch and has some sort of bias against Bloo, or just about the entire rest of the judging community is severely over-placing the Bluecoats. Don't you know by now that it's an accepted practice for judges to display their personal dislike for certain corps by... being a judge!?!? :doh:

It's one thing for a judge to disagree with the other judges... that's fine! (That's the whole point of having many different judges, and I believe that is a good thing!) However, being so far off on a different planet is another story. :blink:

I couldn't tell from that if you agree or disagree with what I said? (sometimes I read sarcasm when it's not there, or read something straight up that was meant as sarcasm...)