grand prix

BTW, either Hurcs guard is absolutely phenomenal or the other guards are twirling rebar and juggling bowling balls...

Hurcs guard is absolutely phenomenal. Additionally, they are staged so well. Hurcs have a smaller brass line this year, so staging the color guard is a heck of a lot easier. Combine that with just how ridiculously musical the guard design is, and how well trained they are, it's going to be almost impossible for any one to catch them in that caption (I say almost because I haven't seen MBI yet).

Hurcs guard is absolutely phenomenal. Additionally, they are staged so well. Hurcs have a smaller brass line this year, so staging the color guard is a heck of a lot easier. Combine that with just how ridiculously musical the guard design is, and how well trained they are, it's going to be almost impossible for any one to catch them in that caption (I say almost because I haven't seen MBI yet).

Jamey Thompson is the one of the best in DCA and DCI with guard staging....always musical and gets to the arrival moments..

I just spoke with freinds that where at the show last night ,from what they said Sunrisers did a nice job,but sounds like only half the guard was there .Even with that said they picked um for 4th over Windsor and Fusion ,nice to hear that. Also they where wearing there new costumes made to look like Les Mis'erables nice touch .

Looking back, corps playing Les Mis have had guards that have done very well, even better than the corps themselves. Cadets won High Guard at Finals in 1989 while the corps placed 5th, and Sunrisers won guard in 1996 while the corps placed 6th.

Jamey Thompson is the one of the best in DCA and DCI with guard staging....always musical and gets to the arrival moments..

and Jim Dugan's opinion is a valuable one - but who couldn't agree?

And... he's a true gentleman too... Jamie that is...

wouldn't want to pump Jim's head any more... :-)

:-(

it is simply wrong to release scores before they are announced to the paying live audience - period... there is NO justification that could make this right...

Completely agree.

Hurcs guard is absolutely phenomenal.

I hear ya, John. Unbelieveable. Quite possibly the best I've ever seen in DCA. And I've seen a few. LOL.

Completely agree.

c'mon fran..........you just want to read out the scores first.......you can't fool me. :tongue:

I just spoke with freinds that where at the show last night ,from what they said Sunrisers did a nice job,but sounds like only half the guard was there.

Sun was also missing a few drummers.

The horn line got off to a shaky start... perhaps a case of the young performers still being a bit nervous in front of an audience... but they then settled down nicely.

Those young folks in Sun are working very, very hard. As they get some more seasoning, and get those last few drill sets on the field, they'll be just fine.

c'mon fran..........you just want to read out the scores first.......you can't fool me. :tongue:

I can neither confirm nor deny that. :lol: