Hair nets?

How many corps wore hair nets? In 1976 we (Royal Coachmen) did, even the females too.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mid 70's Madison Scouts, lots of hair nets. (Lots of hair too!)

i think every corps with shakos in Ontario wore hair nets in 75, we moved to aussies in 76 and lost the nets...

The guys didn't wear hairnets at SCV, but us girls did which when we took our Aussies off tended to make us resemble this lovely lady.

ruthbuzzie.jpg

Those were the days my friends. :shutup:

• 3 weeks later...

1973 was the only year when some guys in Garfield wore wigs instead of getting short hair cuts.Went back to all haircuts in 1974.

Yup, wore nets here too - "Hair must be off the collar!".

We had quite a few longhairs, plenty of nets to go around.

edit: Ooop! I should note this was before '75. :tongue:

Edited by Tin Guardian

The guys didn't wear hairnets at SCV, but us girls did which when we took our Aussies off tended to make us resemble this lovely lady.

ruthbuzzie.jpg

Those were the days my friends. :shutup:

When I was in middle school I wanted to play the role of Goldie Hawn in our Laugh In skit. I was too short and got the role of Ruth Buzzi. I still remember dress rehearsal, the park bench scene, when I had my purse as a prop. Half way through rehearsal my co-star asked if I could please remove the contents of my purse lol ;)

Troopers and SCV Aussies looked polished with hair tied back. I wore shakos. Some years I wore hairnets and pushed up my hair under the shako that eventually fell out of the after a hot contest. I decided to go with a ponytail with a shako on top in 72. Hairnets were way too much work for this shako lady! :smile:

Princemen_1972_3-ponytail.jpg

Ha! In BD we didn't worry about such things!

Now in SoCal Dream in 04-05....doo-rags, primarily to protect the hats, not to control hair (since, y'know, some of us didn't HAVE much)

Edited by 84BDsop

Hair nets were the call of the day from about '69 until '71 when I joined the Air Force Academy - we were all pretty much a hairful group.

1973 was the only year when some guys in Garfield wore wigs instead of getting short hair cuts.Went back to all haircuts in 1974.

Joe,

A couple of guys tried to wear them in 71...but they were told to leave and come back when they had their haircuts. They came back a couple of hours later.

Part of the problem is that they wore the cheesiest and cheapest wigs that existed..they looked ridiculous. :tongue: