Hair nets?

Joe,

A couple of guys tried to wear them in 71...but they were told to leave and come back when they had their haircuts. They came back a couple of hours later.

Part of the problem is that they wore the cheesiest and cheapest wigs that existed..they looked ridiculous. :tongue:

And, from the office of the redundancy office: There will be and never has been a head carpet that didn't look cheesy, cheap and altogether ridiculous. With my basketball-sized Afro in 1969, I am so glad that the Kodak gods were dozing down in Miami we all looked like clowns! Not so bad once you got the shako on but I gotta tell you!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And, from the office of the redundancy office: There will be and never has been a head carpet that didn't look cheesy, cheap and altogether ridiculous. With my basketball-sized Afro in 1969, I am so glad that the Kodak gods were dozing down in Miami we all looked like clowns! Not so bad once you got the shako on but I gotta tell you!

So....did your 'fro take on the shape of the shako once you took it off?

Funny , the guys in 1973 must have gotten them from the same wig shop!!!Sort of looked like a couple of cat pelts on their heads.

So....did your 'fro take on the shape of the shako once you took it off?

Jeeeze! That would have made me look like the original Kid 'n Play! But the answer is no ...

This is however

At17Puppet.jpg

what I might have looked like at a rehearsal.

The nickname Puppet instead of Tootsie Roll Pop was just fine by me.

71 through 74 yes to hairmets, 75 I got tired of long hair

Especially when it was an Inspection show.

True story. The 1969 Cavaliers just pasted down every stray hair with Larry McCormick's stash of butch wax.

True story. The 1969 Cavaliers just pasted down every stray hair with Larry McCormick's stash of butch wax.

C'mon! DCUL, right!?

Weenie corps, no hair nets (and plenty of hair). In Regiment ('76) wore it once then went and got a hair cut. Never again!

Edited by Rocketman