Top 12 Prediction Minn, MN July 16, 2011

The last time I looked the Cavaliers show is titled XTRAORDINARY.

The definition of EXTRAORDINARY is: unusual excitement or strange, deserving attention for being wonderful, excellent, strange or shocking.

The Cavaliers Design team does an amazing job of picking an organic theme that has endless possibilities for growth, depth, layers and most importantly general effect. Look at Mad World and see how that show developed over the season.

Sometimes titles or a particular show concept can limit to what a corps can do. Could Boston have stilt walkers in the middle of a Les Miz show? probably not:( Could The Blue Knights Drumline hang upside down and pull out neon drumsticks? probably not with a show like Folk Suites.

Also the musical selections are Footprints, Jungle Tango, Nature Boy.

For anyone to say that the "GIMMICKS" do not make sense in this years production, is complete absurdity.

The stilts used during Footprints, hanging upside down during Jungle Tango (plenty of things hang upside down in the jungle/wild), etc...

if we are breaking stuff down then . Ordinary- common usual boring. Adding extra means extra boring :P

• Like 1

And I just for some reason, I can't imagine 10 years from now looking back at 2011 and thinking that a rock 'n roll show with a mosh pit won DCI finals.

I'm not a huge fan of Crown's show, at least based on what I saw in Akron, but I thought the mosh pit was a nice effect that fit their theme very well. I wish it weren't only in the preshow, and that they had more rock 'n roll design elements like that. (The guard's stage dive didn't cut it, for me. Too staged.)

Gimmicks are the high risk design elements: People will either love them or hate them.

Cadets 83 Z-Pull? :thumbup:

Part of my soul just died. If the Z pull is a gimmick.... so is

The box cutters Cavaliers use

The DNA stuff Cavaliers/Cadets/Madison have done

The double cross Star of Indiana stuff...

This is just ridiculous.

• Like 1

If you guys want to have a conversation devoted to gimmicks.... start another thread

1. Cavaliers 85.0

2. Blue Devils 84.3

3. Cadets 83.7

4. Carolina Crown 83.0

5. Bluecoats 82.7

6. Phantom Regiment 80.7

7. Santa Clara Vanguard 80.5

8. Madison Scouts 80.0

9. Blue Stars 79.8

10. Boston Crusaders 79.3

11. Blue Knights 79.2

12. Troopers 76.0

13. Glassmen 75.7

14. Spirit of Atlanta 75.5

15. Crossmen 74.0

16. Colts 73.5

17. Teal Sound 70.0

18. Cascades 67.0

I've only seen six of these. I prefer Bluecoats' show to Crown's, but based on their previous scores cannot reasonably hope that their late performance slot helps them enough to move ahead.

Edited by N.E. Brigand

If you guys want to have a conversation devoted to gimmicks.... start another thread

Ummmmm no.

• Like 1

Bank

You will need a bailout if you bank on that prediction! Oh! you must have been referring to the TCF Bank Stadium!

I have seen most of the corps LIVE at least once this season and there is no way Crown will win in Minneapolis. The "show to win" is just not there overall Crown 4th, at best at this point in the season.

Madison come in 5th? In Minneapolis? How? They are having a very tough time beating Boston and Blue Stars! They have yet to beat SCV and Phantom! Madison 7th at best, 8th is a most likely placement for them

The INSIDE THE FORTY prediction for Saturday, July 16, 2011 in Minneapolis, MN:

REVISED ON 7/14/11 @ 8:15 AM

1 Cavaliers...win...by less than 2 tenths

2 BlueDevils...2nd...by less than 1 tenth

3 Cadets...3rd...by less than 3 tenths

4 Crown...4th...by more than 2 points

5 Blue Coats...by less than 5 tenths

6 Phantom...by less than 2 tenths

7 SCV...by less than 1 point

8 Madison...by less than 2 tenths

9 Blue Knights...by less than 3 tenths

10 Blue Stars...by less than 1 tenth

11 Boston...by less than 2 points

12 Spirit...by l;ess than 1 point

13 Glassmen...by less than 5 tenths

The top 3 are set. However, the orde ramong them could change by tghe time the scores are announced on Saturday night.

One of the corps could wind up in Kansas or the Emerald City, via TORNADO!

There MUST be a tie somewhere in this competition! The corps are too close now for a tie not to occur! 1,2,3? Crown is in 4th alone. 5, 6, 7? A possible tie in there somewhere. 7, 8, 9, 10 is the closest group to call. Tie possibiliteis abound and the corps could change positions at the drop of a hailstone!

Poor Boston. I didn't even list them in the top 12 in my first posting. Thank you all for catching that! my apologies to BAC and their army of fans! Please, don't jump me in the parking lot?

Thanks for putting up with my dry humor. See you in La Crosse and or Minneapolis!

Edited by INSIDETHEFORTY
  • Like 1

You will need a bailout if you bank on that prediction! Oh! you must have been referring to the TCF Bank Stadium!

I have seen most of the corps LIVE at least once this season and there is no way Crown will win in Minneapolis. The "show to win" is just not there overall Crown 4th, at best at this point in the season.

Madison come in 5th? In Minneapolis? How? They are having a very tough time beating Boston and Blue Stars! They have yet to beat SCV and Phantom! Madison 7th at best, 8th is a most likely placement for them

The INSIDE THE FORTY prediction for Saturday, July 16, 2011 in Minneapolis, MN:

1 Cavaliers...win...by less than 2 tenths

2 BlueDevils...2nd...by less than 1 tenth

3 Cadets...3rd...by less than 5 tenths

4 Crown...4th...by more than 2 points

5 Blue Coats...by less than 5 tenths

6 P{hantom...by less than 2 tenths

7 SCV...by more than 1 point

8 Madison...by less than 3 tenths

9 Blue Knights...by less than 3 tenths

10 Blue Stars...by more than 3 points

11 Spirit...by l;ess than 1 point