Top 12 Prediction Minn, MN July 16, 2011

I notice many of these predictions have Boston in 10th or 11th. I find this curious because this is arrived at by many posters putting a whole bunch of corps ahead of Boston whom they haven't even competed with yet. In addition, alot of folks seem to have Madison in 5-6-7, even though BAC has now closed to only 1 point behind Madsion in the last two shows, beating them in half of the captions. I get the fact that Madison's resurgence is a cool thing, but this math is not working.....some folks are manufacturing a 3 or 4 point spread here where there is only one, and that has been shrinking for the last week. Food for thought...

I understand your logic .... but you still have to take into account that the spread will open to make room for other corps that may or may not be better than Boston. I'm also of the opinion that this is the time of year where the Staff of Scouts are going to make a difference in the last month surge. I've seen what Mason and team can do at this time of year ... and it's now that time of year. I also feel that Bostons product is on the verge of wearing thin. It's a nice book and good source material .. but the writing just isn't at the same level.

That said, I think it's important to realize that this is also the time of year where execution starts to come more into play. Outscoring other corps because of show design and writing only keeps you propped up for so long. I realize this can be read as a contradiction. So let me be clear. Boston has some nice writing that has served them well. They execute very well. But is the writing of the show top 8 caliber? NO. It just isn't. That's going to start hurting them right about now.

For corps like Gmen who were doing well against Troopers and the like ... the will now start to drop because the execution just isn't there. Same said for Coats .. and we're already seeing them lose captions to Boston and lower corps for that very reason ....... they're not executing. Food for thought...

• Like 1

I understand your logic .... but you still have to take into account that the spread will open to make room for other corps that may or may not be better than Boston. I'm also of the opinion that this is the time of year where the Staff of Scouts are going to make a difference in the last month surge. I've seen what Mason and team can do at this time of year ... and it's now that time of year. I also feel that Bostons product is on the verge of wearing thin. It's a nice book and good source material .. but the writing just isn't at the same level.

That said, I think it's important to realize that this is also the time of year where execution starts to come more into play. Outscoring other corps because of show design and writing only keeps you propped up for so long. I realize this can be read as a contradiction. So let me be clear. Boston has some nice writing that has served them well. They execute very well. But is the writing of the show top 8 caliber? NO. It just isn't. That's going to start hurting them right about now.

For corps like Gmen who were doing well against Troopers and the like ... the will now start to drop because the execution just isn't there. Same said for Coats .. and we're already seeing them lose captions to Boston and lower corps for that very reason ....... they're not executing. Food for thought...

You are as passionate about your corps as I am about mine, and that's a good thing. Having said that, in your personal prediction, you have created nearly a five point spread between our two corps to place Madison in 5th and Boston in 10th. Yes, there was a four point spread between the two when tour started, but it has been slowly eroded with each show. Even if this trend did NOT continue, do you really seen five points opening up? Or, put it this way....if Madison did get 5th with the score you suggest this week, and BAC simply held its 1 point margin, that would put Boston in 8th. That's all I'm saying.

• Like 1

You are as passionate about your corps as I am about mine, and that's a good thing. Having said that, in your personal prediction, you have created nearly a five point spread between our two corps to place Madison in 5th and Boston in 10th. Yes, there was a four point spread between the two when tour started, but it has been slowly eroded with each show. Even if this trend did NOT continue, do you really seen five points opening up? Or, put it this way....if Madison did get 5th with the score you suggest this week, and BAC simply held its 1 point margin, that would put Boston in 8th. That's all I'm saying.

Anything can happen for sure. I'm not showing any bias here at all. I'm going based on the shows and staff. I think 5th for Scouts might be a stretch at this point, but that's where I see them in the end. They're only 2 pts out from Coats at this point ... and we all know a 2 pt jump can happen.

Just because I put in a 5pt spread doesn't mean those two corps are 5 pts apart in reality. I just know how judges scores add up at regionals. They WILL make room where they see fit. It's just a matter of where they put that room .....

IMO I do not think Boston or Madison has a thing to worry about they both have crowd pleasing shows as always. I think there will be others that will be surprised. There has been others that have gotten over average jump in scores that are starting to settle back down. Should be very interesting at the end to see how all this shakes out.

I predict Bluecoats will be sneaking up on the top 4 to make it a tight top 5. Not sure if they will pass Crown yet but I think they be may right in the mix to potentially medal again by end of year.

• Like 1

12. Troopers

13. Academy

Did everyone forget about Academy in their predictions?

Because slotting is alive and well in drum corps, the title of this thread should be changed from "prediction" to "predetermined."

1. Cavies

2. BD

3. Cadets

4. CC

5. Bluecoats

6. PR

7. SCV

8. Madison

9. Blue Star

10. BAC

11. BK

12. Spirit

12. Troopers

13. Academy

Did everyone forget about Academy in their predictions?

Because slotting is alive and well in drum corps, the title of this thread should be changed from "prediction" to "predetermined."

1. Cavies

2. BD

3. Cadets

4. CC

5. Bluecoats

6. PR

7. SCV

8. Madison

9. Blue Star

10. BAC

11. BK

12. Spirit

Academy isn't at this show. So no, we didn't forget.

Sure, I'll play too.

-The Cavaliers

-The Cadets

-Blue Devils

-Carolina Crown (Behind Blue Devils by less than 0.50)

-Bluecoats (Behind Carolina Crown by about 0.75)

-Madison Scouts

-Santa Clara Vanguard

-Phantom Regiment (Behind Santa Clara by less than 0.20)

-Blue Stars

-Boston Crusaders

-Spirit of Atlanta

-Blue Knights

I notice many of these predictions have Boston in 10th or 11th. I find this curious because this is arrived at by many posters putting a whole bunch of corps ahead of Boston whom they haven't even competed with yet. In addition, alot of folks seem to have Madison in 5-6-7, even though BAC has now closed to only 1 point behind Madsion in the last two shows, beating them in half of the captions. I get the fact that Madison's resurgence is a cool thing, but this math is not working.....some folks are manufacturing a 3 or 4 point spread here where there is only one, and that has been shrinking for the last week. Food for thought...

We don't Gava! :smile:

I'm used to seeing these predictions with Boston in the 11th spot..so it doesn't bug me one bit...it's only Minn and not Indy anyway...of course that's why these predictions don't mean all that much either...

1.) Cavaliers -the early favorite

2.) Blue Devils -cleaning up

3.) Carolina Crown

4.) Cadets -West coast trip takes toll

5.) Bluecoats

6.) Phantom -Watch them.

7.) SCV -very hard program

8.) Blue Stars -lots of changes

8.) Madison-loosing momentum.

10.) Blue Knights

11.) Boston Crusaders-Might slip

12.) Spirit -early favorite