Academy's tour schedule

It's usually pretty simple....fans of rival corps. For instance, DCIfan90 is a Troopers honk. Back in 2007, when Academy made finals in San Antonio at the expense of Blue Stars and Spirit, the pitchfork brigade on DCP was led by a Spirit supporter.

Oh, and look....AlexL is a Blue Stars alum, from the year they did 30 shows in division II to prove to DCI they were ready for the world-class tour. I can certainly understand how that experience could shape someone's opinion on this issue.

Not a Trooper honk, sorry.

But you know what? So. What. Some of y'all need to get over the marching days and see the grander scheme. Kids LOVE Academy. They STAY at Academy.

I think you've hit on something here. A lot of individuals in the corps are talented enough to go to a top 5 drum corps. But they want to be at Academy, they hear good things about Academy, they have friends at Academy, they are recruited by Academy. All the other stuff doesn't matter. So a top 12 finish, if it were to happen, would be icing on the cake.

• Like 3

You are missing the point. The talent is there, obviously by reference to the no less than 10 people you know who have jumped to top 5 corps. But there are a lot of people joining and staying on because they want to march for the Academy.

• Like 1

You are missing the point. The talent is there, obviously by reference to the no less than 10 people you know who have jumped to top 5 corps. But there are a lot of people joining and staying on because they want to march for the Academy.

And Crossmen, and Spirit, and Glassmen, and Jersey Surf, and Troopers, and Blue Knights, and Madison, and and and and.....

The rest of this post is a general response rather than a direct response for JBS1 (hi - happy summer! Tell the boy hi too. :smile: )

Every corps recruits, has loyal vets and has attrition. Some corps go through periods of more or less of all of those factors. Academy is a young organization, they are doing well, and if they eventually believe that their touring model isn't working, they'll do something about it. For now they are following DCI rules for WC, so unless those rules change we really need to get off our high horses and let the cards fall where they fall. IMHO of course. :tongue:

• Like 2

Anyone know where that cartoon is of the man beating the dead horse?

Thanks for your input Ms. Terri. I may be wearing Academy red, but my heart beats Trooper blue.

You mean the one I posted a few days ago? Here ya go...

deadhorse.gif

• Like 1

CLASSIC!! LMAO

So I tell you you are wrong... and your response is... I'm missing the point.

Well if you saying false things is me missing the point, I'm WAY off base!