Girl in Blue Devils Snareline

Yeah..so I was just checking out some vids of BD's drumline and observed their is a girl in BD's snareline this year. Is this the first girl in a BD's snareline ? I think it is....

Nope. I think her name is Kelly and I'm pretty sure she marched in the early 80's.

I think you are correct, BD did have a female snare drummer in the early 80's

The girl marching in BD's snare line this season, was in Bluecoats snare line last season.

Pretty sure you can see her with 3 other female snare drummers from back in the day performing a solo at DCA this season. Between the 4 gals you have the Blue Devils, 27th Lancers, Crossmen and the Phantom Regiment represented. Very cool. Very sexy! meow!

• Like 1

Kelley Houpt is her name.

She also played with the 2005-2007 Renegades

Kelley Houpt is her name.

Kelly and Carla were in the snare line in the 80's, but the first appears to be Bobbi DelCastello in 1975 (based on the BD rosters and an old forum topic at the BD website). Her profile says snare in 1974 and 1975, though another post (apparently by Kelly Houpt, based on the info she gives) said she marched "trios" in '74 and snare in '75.