Girl in Blue Devils Snareline

Yeah....and some ###### removed my references to her being in Blue Devils....it IS a legitimate part of her drumming history.

Well, maybe she removed it? Sometimes people don't like all their details displayed and wikipedia is global. Just a thought. :smile:

Speaking of girls in the drumline, I know SCV had a girl in the snareline back in 2003, then a girl named Eri (pronounced Eli) on bass in 2005 and then Gaby sometime in 2009-2010 on snare. I agree, a girl on drums is rare but it does happen. :smile:

Edited by sopchick_01

Well, maybe she removed it? Sometimes people don't like all their details displayed and wikipedia is global. Just a thought. :smile:

Understandable....but it's not like I posted she was a child molester or something like that. Other rockers have not shied away from a drum corps past, like Tommy Igoe (Bridgemen) or 311's Chad Sexton (Sky Ryders)

80s female snare was Carla Azar from the 84 line...currently the drummer for the band Autolux.

"Azar dated actor Giovanni Ribisi for several years."

Genius.

Understandable....but it's not like I posted she was a child molester or something like that. Other rockers have not shied away from a drum corps past, like Tommy Igoe (Bridgemen) or 311's Chad Sexton (Sky Ryders)

I know of a famous (in the drum corps world) professional musician that a friend ran into at a bar, they started chatting and all went well until he mentioned he liked drum corps, the musician couldn’t get away from him fast enough

Another female snare drummer in drum corps back in the day was Marion (Mickey) Vogt/Graeber. She marched with Norwood Park from Chicago from 1954 -1957. In 1956 Norwood Park took second at nationals to the St. Vincent Cadets beating the Chicago Cavaliers that year who took third. At the retreat ceremony's the drum judges came out to personally tell her that they had never seen a girl snare drummer that played so well. Her instructor back in Chicago was non other than Mr. Frank Arsenault. After her age out year she instructed the drum line of the B corps for Norwood Park for many years. In 2004 she joined the Chicago Royal-Airs Senior Exhibition Corps marching flag in the Honor Guard and remained with them up until they decided to stop marching a field show in 2006. She then joined the Anaheim Kingsmen Alumni Corps (KAC) Honor guard in 2006 and marched with them in their field shows and parades up until 2008. She also marched flag in the Chinese New Years parade with the San Francisco Renegades in 2007.

Didn't The Cadets have two or three girl snare drummers in the same year that could absolutely throw down back in the early 2000s? Like 2001-2003, that range?

Didn't The Cadets have two or three girl snare drummers in the same year that could absolutely throw down back in the early 2000s? Like 2001-2003, that range?

There was a girl in '03. Her snare was up high, and it looked awkward to play with it in that position. That same girl was center in '05.