Music on the Border - WI

Should be an interesting night - have a bet going with my Madison alumni brotheren. If Madison wins then drinks are on us and we have to wear Madison T-Shirts at DCI Semis. If SCV wins then the drinks are on them and they have to wear SCV T-Shirts at DCI Semis. - Either way somebody's souvie booth wins! Looking forward to the evening!

that's a great bet

that's a great bet

Yep - reminds me of the great competitions between SCV and Madison in the '70s - All great corps!

Yep - reminds me of the great competitions between SCV and Madison in the '70s - All great corps!

Yeah there's still a strong connection to this day between them. They will probably play for each other tonight.

• Like 1

BTW, NO RAIN for this show tonight, enjoy !!

Now just hope the lights stay on!!!

I know everyone will be great but I'm anticipating Pioneer. They've had a couple days to rehearse at Pioneerland and I'm thinking they'll impress.

hoping madison will bust out of there 78-79 rut tonight.

SCV Brass has continued to significantly improve and gain volume each week: 1) now that their holes are filled 2)CA school kids are solidly in the show 3)their feet are more solid underneath them with the extreme physical, tempo and rhythmic challenges they are performing in their show.

It will be a weekly level of improvement and refinement that should peak around mid-August. Lord knows they have the teachers.

All holes are filled by vets and talented players...all holes are filled as of tonight! Any holes that appear after this week are because of illness.

• Like 2

I am just proud to be discussing a Madison and SCV matchup. It has been a long time coming. Both classy groups.

Madison has come a long way with a great staff, and management in place. With a commitment to excellence and a vision

for the future, it has certainly helped Madison to date. I see more great things in the near future.

As for tonight, I believe Madison will be on top. They too have had some productive rehearsals. They changed a good portion of

the drum solo, new drill and did a few cuts here and there. They added / changed over 50 seconds of drill. They will present it tonight.

Again, just very proud to be discussing Madison and Santa Clara Vanguard in the same sentence again.

Thanks to all the staff and volunteers this year of the Scouts !! You are making some alumni very PROUD !

• Like 1