Loudest Drum Corps

I know that this is a rather unorthodox topic, but one I love regardless. What is the loudest drum corps you've heard? I know musicianship and tone are equally as paramount, but this is Drum Corps, right?? We want our faces melted! For me, the loudest I ever heard was Star of Indiana 1990. Hands down! What do you think?

• Like 1

1980 Sprit of Atlanta .

Wow!!! Would've loved to have heard it! What was their show?

Do Alumni Corps count? If so, I vote for the 27th Lancers Alumni Corps of 1994! They shook the stadium with sound!

Otherwise, I have to vote for Blue Devils, 1994.

Maybe SCV 1999!

Madison 1975 is in the top 5!

If the 2011 Cascades can get it together, they can have the loudest based on the size of their brassline!

Edited by INSIDETHEFORTY
  • Like 3

Do Alumni Corps count? If so, I vote for the 27th Lancers Alumni Corps of 1994! They shook the stadium with sound!

Maybe SCV 1999!

Any drum corps counts! Loud is loud baby!!!! I'll also throw in Phantom '89!!

If the 2011 Cascades can get it together, they can have the loudest based on the size of their brassline!

Maybe SCV 1999!

Any drum corps qualifies! Loud is loud, baby!! I might as well throw in Phantom '89 as well!

Madison 75

Spirit 80

Both belong in the top 5 and are two of the loudest I've heard in person.

( and those horn lines were not all that big compared to todays lines )

Phantom gets a nod for one of the hits in American in Paris back in the 70's

BD gets a nod for the loud 100 yard spread ...I can't remember which year in the early 80's

On a side note: the highest note, so high that no one could hear it goes to the Rev. Doody :blink:

Since I jacked my reply to insidetheforty up, I will try it again! Lol!! Any drum corps qualifies! Loud is loud, baby!! Another one for me is Phantom '89!

For alumni corps, SCV 2002 with the Bottle Dance almost broke some internal organs.

KAC in 07 was pretty darn loud when they hit the Firebird.

But for DCI corps, BD 1999, the push in the ballad, where they push back to the back corner, and just KEEP GETTING LOUDER. That moment was just too insane.

Wish I could have been around for Madison 75 or Spirit 80, but I can watch and enjoy on the Fan Network, I just was just a few years away from being alive at the time....