Alumni show finale

Except Empire.... :music:

Yeah, that's true... but think about it... if the Skyliners had ever used a tank during one of their color presentations, the thing would have been firing live rounds!! :tongue:

• Like 1

Thanks to the people who have spent time explaining why the color presentation is/was such a big part of shows BITD. I don't know much of the past history. I come from that generation of themed shows. Even the alumni corps I was in did not have a color pre during the 4 years I was on the field with them.

I didn't mean to start a war by my statement. I think if you asked most people who had 0 ties to drum corps and started marching when I did or after you would find them equally confused. There were some great explanations passed along here. That's awesome. That's not a DCp lovefest, that's caring enough about this activity to share what they know. :smile:

Yea, I don't care about the activity..... right. Well, you got an education then.

Edited by Santana

That's not what I said. But thanks for twisting it. :blink:

Thanks to the people who have spent time explaining why the color presentation is/was such a big part of shows BITD. I don't know much of the past history. I come from that generation of themed shows. Even the alumni corps I was in did not have a color pre during the 4 years I was on the field with them.

I didn't mean to start a war by my statement. I think if you asked most people who had 0 ties to drum corps and started marching when I did or after you would find them equally confused. There were some great explanations passed along here. That's awesome. That's not a DCp lovefest, that's caring enough about this activity to share what they know. :smile:

As one of your responders, I say you're quite welcome! A lot of times, DCP is anything BUT a love fest. You were honestly looking for some info/explanations. I'm just glad to see that the info we sent out answered a lot of your questions. Be well.

Ray

I've been wondering for many decades just how thousands of legionaires would jump to their feet and salute for the color pre of "VALENCIA"??????????????

truly one of Jimmy Costello's great magic tricks....

Jim's magic trick surely worked for it's time

arent many Legioneers left................legions have closed left and right for many years now..............a dwindlig past like many things....different world for sure..I found this interesting ..I bet in another time like the 30s -60s this may have come out different

After a 1989 U.S. Supreme Court decision, the American Legion launched and funded an unsuccessful campaign to win a constitutional amendment against harming the flag of the United States. The Legion formed the Citizens' Flag Honor Guard and it later became the Citizens Flag Alliance.[17]

Edited by GUARDLING

Its been a few days...so here is the link.

"Salute To The Heroes" Grand Finale

Location: DCA Alumni Spectacular Sahlens Stadium, Rochester NY

Time: ‎9:00AM Sunday, September 4th..

trying to get a link up...BUT everyone is invited to play.

Donny

Presented by Bugles Across America of NYS and the Empire Statesmen Alumni

Official web home:

http://www.thehonormusicpr​oject.org/BAAEmpire2011/BA​AEmpireDCA2011.html

Hundreds of musicians to perform:

"Armed Forces Service Themes Medley" including a call to "Stand up to be recognized when your branch's theme is played" to all veterans in the audience, and

"Battle Hymn of The Republic" featuring a special Presentation of Colors.

This is a special partnership between Bugles Across America of New York State, and the Empire Statesmen Drum and Bugle Corps of Rochester, NY. Special thanks also goes out to Drum Corps Associates for supporting this musical salute from the Western New York drum corps community.

Participating units:

- Bugles Across America of NYS

- The Empire Statesmen Alumni

- The Prime Time Brass, Rochester NY

- The Ghost Riders

- The Hitmen, Rochester, NY

- an All Star collection of Members of DCA Mini Corps

- The World Drum Corps Hall of Fame

- The Buglers Hall of Fame

... many other alumni groups, brass ensembles, school bands, parade units, and local musicians with a connection to Bugles Across America are being invited as well.

See More

Edited by Donny Drum Corps

Brother Tom will have a link for you...he is the one computer whiz.

• 4 weeks later...

People are driving me nuts about this...so here ya go. We will keep it fresh.

Donny

http://www.thehonormusicproject.org/BAAEmpire2011/BAAEmpireDCA2011_Downloads.html

This should be the the real deal. The 2nd sop has been fixed and will be reset today. Also the baritone 3 for G bugles should be added as well.

Donny

Edited by Donny Drum Corps