DCI Minnesota 16 July 2011

Michael Boo: Crown took 6th in Color Guard and Percussion. There's Crown's weakness. That gets fixed, they win the DCI title.

Disagree. They were 0.9 behind Cavies in both CG and percussion. Even if they had tied in both captions, they'd only gain 0.9 (those two captions are weighted half in the final score), putting them 0.5 behind Cavies.

There is absolutely no way on earth Crown's guard and percussion are 6th place. None at all.

Yes there is. Well at least in percussion. Crown's percussion section is not good. Unmusical and dirty. The guard I thought was good though, and of course they have a great hornline.

Thanks Fan Network!!! You guys "Rach", too!!!

I think it is pretty clear now: It's gonna be either Crown or Cavies this year!

Cavies took the early lead, but I can see a photo finish in Indy.

I agree with almost everything except the gap between Cavies and Crown. Cadets and Phantom can beat BD if they clean it up, and BAC is no joke this year.

Explain how it's clear that it'll be Crown when they only beat BD by .5 and Cadets by .40? That's not exactly clear to me. It maybe clear that CAVIES will take it, but certainly not Crown. There's still time left in the season.

• Like 1

There is absolutely no way on earth Crown's guard and percussion are 6th place. None at all.

Yes there is. Well at least in percussion. Crown's percussion section is not good. Unmusical and dirty. The guard I thought was good though, and of course they have a great hornline.

• Like 2

6th in percussion is totally legit. They're not better than any of the five lines that placed above them.

• Like 6

Cadets were flat out robbed tonight. Their draw did not help, but these judges are supposed to be better than that. I'm not knocking anyone. BD is probably my favorite, but Cadets were way under where they should have been.

I wish I understood Cavies show, but I guess I'm not smart enougjh to get it.

go troop. :ph34r:

(from fan network: loved just about everything I saw. It's a great year for drum corps. Special love for Madison, Blue Stars, PR. Missed Cadets due to a feed issue and will try to catch VoD tomorrow.)

problem is cavies are 1st in guard and 1st in percussion. fixing your own issues doesn't necessarily lead to a drop off by another corps.

Good Point, however there's something to be said when your tenths of points behind versus 2 points. Cavies spread is pretty wide. I do think having a corps score closer to your competitor does change things in judging and perception of the participants