Rockin Rockford

doesn't fan voting go into the GE score tonight?

If so, expect PR to have a hike in that caption lol

I would expect Crown to get a good bump from the fan votes! They've got arguably the most fan favorite show on the field this year (again...) so they may go up a bit depending on what fan voting actually does to the scores.

TheCavaliers The Cavaliers

20 minute delay here in Rockford for the #ShowofShows

I would expect Crown to get a good bump from the fan votes! They've got arguably the most fan favorite show on the field this year (again...) so they may go up a bit depending on what fan voting actually does to the scores.

Actually i disagree. I believe Cavaliers have the most fan favorite show. Even though people don't understand what's going on, most people i talk to agree theres is the most entertaining.

Actually i disagree. I believe Cavaliers have the most fan favorite show. Even though people don't understand what's going on, most people i talk to agree theres is the most entertaining.

I believe the crowd response to Crown's show last night disproves this. At least the fan favorite part.

I'm sure in your group of friends, the Cavies came out on top. That's OK, too. :smile:

Edited by CrownBariDad

I am sure that their performance on the field had nothing to do with it at all.....

Not what I said at all. Wow blink.gif

I do think the "idea" is a good one. But I think the execution (at least in TX) was not good. Hopefully DCI will work with their provider to improve the voting process.

1) Allow local voters to vote via

a) a voice call to an automated system

b) text message only

c) via smartphone (as they do now)

2) Take steps to limit voting to butts in the stands. This is NOT a technically difficult thing. Since their provider is sitting on the cell network, they have access to the originating tower of any text. All they need to do is filter based on the towerid. The list of towers is not hard to arrive at -- in fact you could dynamically geocode the tower on the fly if you wanted to.

In the meantime, make the ticket-stub part of the vote -- 1 vote per ticket.

As for why I mentioned Cavies -- IMO they've got the best twitter presence in DCI. Maybe BD is a close second but if BD re-tweeted the voting link I missed that.

Edited by corpsband

I believe the crowd response to Crown's show last night disproves this. At least the fan favorite part.

I'm sure in your group of friends, the Cavies came out on top. That's OK, too. :smile:

As i recall (since i was there) that crown and cavaliers had somewhat the same reaction.

Not being disrespectful, but i'm sure there might be some bias in your statement.

As i recall (since i was there) that crown and cavaliers had somewhat the same reaction.

Not being disrespectful, but i'm sure there might be some bias in your statement.

I don't have a bias toward either of these corps - I felt Cavies applause during the awards ceremony was the loudest; Cadets and Crown were about equal - I thought

I believe Cavaliers have the most fan favorite show. Even though people don't understand what's going on, most people i talk to agree theres is the most entertaining.

I know the feeling. I once went with my wife back to a store that sold origami she bought for a wedding table display, and watched her haggle with the sales lady over a style differential. I didn't understand what was going on. I had no idea what the two of them were talking about at all. But it was quite entertaining to watch the two of them nonetheless.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2

Bias? Maybe. But, when I talk about "fan favorite", I'm talking about the folks who may have never been to a DCI show before and probably don't keep up with the Corps as much as we do on DCP. IMHO, Crown's show (and I would add BD's Bacharach show) would be very accessible to those folks coming in to see what this Drum Corps thing is all about. However, I'm sure many DCP members equate "fan favorite" with "fanatic favorite". If so, so be it.

Disrespectful--not in the least! Thanks.

I don't have a bias toward either of these corps - I felt Cavies applause during the awards ceremony was the loudest; Cadets and Crown were about equal - I thought

OK--maybe I misread YogiBear's post. I was talking about the crowd reaction after each Corps' shows ended, not during the awards ceremony. Sorry.