8 Blue Stars

7 Bluecoats

6 SCV

5 Blue Devils

4 Cadets

3 Crown

2 Regiment

1 Cavaliers

I find it kind of funny that Cavaliers beat Phantom Regiment in a fan vote at Phantom's home show. I know it's a packed house (and I know that Cavaliers are incredibly entertaining this season), but it seems funny given the rivalry of the two corps

**ACTUAL SCORES**

8 Blue Stars 78.75

7 SCV 81.95

6 Bluecoats 82.55

5 Regiment 84.85

4 Crown 86.0

3 Devils 86.45

2 Cadets 86.75

1 Cavaliers 87.9

Edited by Lead

I would much prefer to celebrate an extremely successful Sunday night of DC with people in lawn chairs and SRO loving the moment like the old days, then to imagine it won't help the rest of the activity. But that's me... the cockeyed optimist.

Well, a lot of the negative reaction to the Tournament of Champions comes, as you surely know, from the belief that it was a compromise offered to the G-7 corps threatening to leave DCI. Had the idea originated independently of that debacle, many people might view the ToC more favorably. There are surely people who will argue that the large attendance at this event proves that Gibbs, Hopkins, et al. were right, and that the non-ToC corps, like Boston and Madison, do in fact deserve fewer votes and less money than these bigger draws.

• Like 1

I find it kind of funny that Cavaliers beat Phantom Regiment in a fan vote at Phantom's home show. I know it's a packed house (and I know that Cavaliers are incredibly entertaining this season), but it seems funny given the rivalry of the two corps

True, but keep in mind that Cavaliers' home base is just about an hour away also.

Don't get me wrong. I'm glad attendance was through the roof. That's never a bad thing for drum corps. I'm not even one of those who thinks that drum corps will be dead in 15 years, and it will all be because of the TOC. I just wanted to clarify that one point. I have my concerns about the TOC, but I'm extremely happy to hear that the show was that well attended.

Glad to hear it. Grab your lawn chair and we'll see you at the next one! :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Sounds like a great crowd tonight and a great show, but let's not get carried away with "attendance through the roof". It's a small stadium compared to most shows.

There are at least 3 shows here in Ohio that annually have larger crowds than were in attendance tonight.

No, there is speculation: not any "evidence." :rolleyes:

But I agree, it's great to see a packed stadium of fans who are obviously wanting to see some top quality drum corps: evidence that definitely supports that there might just be a market for a tour of the previous year's Top 8 drum corps (not that there was any doubt from at least the logically thinking folks). Also, I'm sure it's a hype for all of the members to perform for such a large, appreciative crowd: evidence that supports benefits of ToC shows.

There is plenty of evidence. Its been happening for decades. The more focused we get on the top 12, and the more we spread out the regionals, the fewer the less financially established corps could make it to those shows. Its not a complicated concept. I'm not a TOC hater. I have my concerns, but I don't think the entire thing is a bad thing. But there is no question that the gap is continually getting bigger between the Colts of the world, and the Cadets/Cavs/Devs etc.

That being said, absolutely a sold out crowd is a good thing.

• Like 1

**ACTUAL SCORES**

8 Blue Stars 78.75

7 SCV 81.95

6 Bluecoats 82.55

5 Regiment 84.85

4 Crown 86.0

3 Devils 86.45

2 Cadets 86.75

1 Cavaliers 87.9

From where? Don't see them on DCI yet.

Out of curiosity and because I haven't really looked at the TOC show format how did they do the fan vote? "Applause-o-meter"?

Also what exactly is different on the judging sheets?

Edited by SDBassCreature

From where? Don't see them on DCI yet.

Eh... from the announcement at the event.