Rockin Rockford

You have be savvy enough to :

a) send a text

b) have smartphone with internet access

c) have to fill out an online form with multiple fields to vote

Believe it or not -- there's still a large portion of cell phone users who don't bother with net access. There's also a (smaller) portion who pretty much don't text.

They're not getting a large % of the crowd in attendance. It's too complex.

I am one of those who can't text, nor do I have internet access... it is too complex...

You have be savvy

Believe it or not -- there's still a large portion of cell phone users who don't bother with net access. There's also a (smaller) portion who pretty much don't text.

It's too complex.

Anthony Weiner probably wishes he only had heard of a landline rotary dial phone with the long wires to the wall socket.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2

You have be savvy enough to :

a) send a text

c) have to fill out an online form with multiple fields to vote

They're not getting a large % of the crowd in attendance. It's too complex.

How about punch card ballots as your leaving the stadium :tongue:

Ok. Are you implying that someone had an advantage? If not, what is your point?

I am not foolish enough to think that there are not people voting from afar, but my guess is it is happening with every corps and no one group has an advantage over another.

I would think the advantage would be how organized the fans were (I'm assuming this is fan, not corps, led) and how concerted an effort they made to, shall we say, stuff the ballot box.

Well no matter what I am happy that The Cavaliers did well again tonight, same goes for the rest of the corps... well its time for me to go on my "break" to be fully prepared for the shows i'm attending on Friday and Saturday... I will be hopefully writing a review when ever I get back so ya'll check it out! :thumbup:

GO DRUM CORPS!

Nah, gotta respect the passion. But sometimes when we talk about things and people we love, we aren't completely rational.

His posts without that passion, are awesome!

But this wouldn't be DCP without the passion! :tongue:

[but I understand what you're saying.]

Ok. Are you implying that someone had an advantage? If not, what is your point?

I am not foolish enough to think that there are not people voting from afar, but my guess is it is happening with every corps and no one group has an advantage over another.

My point is this: the % of votes AWAY from the show will always overwhelm the % vote AT the show.

3000 at show * optimistic 10% vote = 300 votes distributed over 8 corps

how many voters do you think it will take on the web (where it's easy to vote AND easy to vote more than once) to make the local vote irrelevant?

it's trivial for a group of mischievous FMM to put together a LOT of votes in short order.

the only reason suggested cavies is because they pounced on this in TX. they clearly got it right away.

virtually any group (corps or not) could organize a bit of ballot stuffing.

and we're not even talking about automation (yet).

DCI flubbed on the voting tech.

Edited by corpsband
  • Like 1

My point is this: the % of votes AWAY from the show will always overwhelm the % vote AT the show.

how many voters do you think it will take on the web (where it's easy to vote AND easy to vote more than once) to make the local vote irrelevant?

Lots of absentee ballots then, huh ?

• Like 1

even internet voting or surveys sometimes DCI anyway will tell you " well 60% of the fans want this or that..and people go WOWWWWWWWW ..look what we did or whatever..what they didnt tell you is maybe 300 people voted wow a real indication of the big picture :tongue::blink: