Lebanon Leisure Lounge

So did Dan kick your puppy?

I will always respect him for what he brought to the Regiment.

Stagnation? A brass arranger who can't win an Ott and scares a multiple Sanford winner away? Some of us want to see Regiment consistently competitive. Should have hung on to Klesch and should also give Jamey Thompson more creative freedom.

Edited by Phantom&Phitch
  • Like 2

Well, some of us Regiment alumni enjoy what Farrell, Shaw, Thompson bring to the table. That team has brought some emotional and passionate offerings over the years. I happen to know that JD and Paul are still good friends so those rumors of a rift between them are unsubstantiated. So just chill out and enjoy the beautiful music.

-Z-

• Like 1

I saw Paul and JD at the first show of the season hugging and talking like old friends. Certainly not indicative of any rift. I just think you're making assertions that are not true. I agree with Alvin, that you seem to have an irrational axe to grind. I love this year's show very much, I'm sorry you don't. It's a great year for drum corps in general.

-Z-

• Like 3

Stagnation? A brass arranger who can't win an Ott and scares a multiple Sanford winner away? Some of us want to see Regiment consistently competitive. Should have hung on to Klesch and should also give Jamey Thompson more creative freedom.

Some of us just want to see PR stay competitive and the only way to do that is to be progressive and innovative.

JD has written some great scores, this is not one of them. IMO, it's schmaltzy, boring, corny and lacking excitement. The drill is just "same ole". And for PR's love of story telling, the drill doesn't do much for that.

As far as Paul Rennick is concerned, go back to earlier in the year on the Fan Network and listen to a video of him talking about his move to SVC. There is a subtle statement about being give more responsibility in the design process at SCV that he was not allowed at PR.

As far as Paul Rennick is concerned, go back to earlier in the year on the Fan Network and listen to a video of him talking about his move to SVC. There is a subtle statement about being give more responsibility in the design process at SCV that he was not allowed at PR.

How much more Responsibility does a percusion arranger need in a program? Did he want Dans job and design the program?

How much more Responsibility does a percussion arranger need in a program? Did he want Dan's job and design the program?

There could be a lot. If music is being picked that does not allow for a lot of percussion playing or if it calls for a very specific kind of percussion playing then it could be a whole lot.

I used to hear of Jim Campbell in Cavaliers design meetings back in the day saying "raise your hands when the drums are supposed to play."

How much more Responsibility does a percusion arranger need in a program? Did he want Dans job and design the program?

I find that to be a pretty close-minded attitude.

In my experience many percussion arrangers are actually great musicians and pretty creative people.

Isn't design a collaborative effort?

• Like 1