Lebanon Leisure Lounge

my review of the show is over on the review page......but i wanted to follow up with a few of Tony's comments (pretty spot on)

SCV - However just not the show that can break into the top-5. Smokin drum line (as well they should). The end builds and builds and builds to an amazing climax.

I agree, their ballad was good too.......Their drums were doing cool stuff all show......don't ask me to describe, just cool moves with sticks (eh, i'm a horn players)

Blue Stars - Loud, very loud and really good. Musically they are awesome, need to clean the visuals and the drill. Has upper bottom 6 potential...6-8 not out of reach. Smoking ending. AGREED

Crown - RACH'd THE HOUSE!!! They were smokin hot from pre-show to the time they left the field. The crowd ate it up. Lots of cheese? yes! but get me some Premium Saltines 'cause I am eating it up. Front to Back out standing. AGREED

Phantom Regiment - Beautiful...emotional...magnificent. Some intonation issues on the opening solo's and trumpet line issue in the middle 1/3 of the show (just before Elsa)...OH, ELSA...I nearly had tears in my eyes...by finals I my be in tears. May not be top 3, but will have the hearts of the crowd. Beautiful and elegant, very good music, I had welled up a couple of times, but i'm an alum!)

Cavaliers - It's like they try to hard to wow, kind of like an X games event. Those were the words I was searching for......I thought it was good, not great.

For my money, and my family, we liked Phantom, Crown, and Blue Stars the best.

I thought the venue was pretty good, a great atmosphere, people everywhere, corps on the quad.......so glad DCI was back in STL. PLEASE COME BACK!

Well, srb30, I think the crowds disagree with you.

that's probably true. i just don't think falling the the lower half of the top 12 continually is necessarily competitive!!!

*NEWSFLASH*

The tricycle being used to deliver the Lebanon recaps has developed a mechanical failure and is being pulled out of service. An emergency response team is being dispatched and should arrive in the not-to-distant future. A witness to the incident sent this photo of the vehicle.

tricycle+for+blog.JPG

• Like 1

*NEWSFLASH*

The tricycle being used to deliver the Lebanon recaps has developed a mechanical failure and is being pulled out of service. An emergency response team is being dispatched and should arrive in the not-to-distant future. A witness to the incident sent this photo of the vehicle.

tricycle+for+blog.JPG

it must be related to a postal confusion, in that the event was named DCI St. Louis yet was in a small Illinois town with an astro field on a private college campus.

enjoyed the show!! wanting recaps though!!!

if DCI returns to St. Louis, let's hope a larger venue with some height to the stands can be found. Anyone know a spot? One of the Parkway schools?? just thinking.

volunteers and hosts did great, but that field...........you could ALMOST see the lines. lol

that's probably true. i just don't think falling the the lower half of the top 12 continually is necessarily competitive!!!

Hmmm, 1 year (2009) certainly means "continually. " C'mon now, srb30a, you're just being silly. And as far as these rumors you've heard, Rupert Murdoch called and wants to offer you a job.

Hmmm, 1 year (2009) certainly means "continually. " C'mon now, srb30a, you're just being silly. And as far as these rumors you've heard, Rupert Murdoch called and wants to offer you a job.

Call facts rumors if you like. Look back to 2006 or beyond and look at the big names that have come and gone at PR. Most are gone because of trying to replace Shaw. There's no denying what is going on with Farrell and Shaw.

PR will remain stagnent until they are both gone. Just look around you and notice that anything creative that does not continually reinvent itself will eventually die or wither away. This years show is just plain tired.

It will be real interesting to see what place the corps end up in by finals!

• Like 1

Phantom needs to figure out how to do classical music with a drill that is not stuck in the 90s. Unfortunately that's never gonna happen until the Farrell reign is over.

Because corps like Star had such horrible drill in the 90's?