Battle on the Border VIII

Lol.. youve been one of the most constistently anti-blue stars posters on dcp the last couple years..

And i find it funny when scouts fans talk about 'blue stars rabid fans'... really? There's like 5 blue stars that post on here at all. Meanwhile, if you post anything not absolutely glowing about the scouts on here, wait about 30 seconds and your post will be descended upon by the madison-borg. Hell, even when they first got their new staff, anyone that said, hey, wait a minute, top 6 isnt just going to happen in one year (and of course it didnt.. yet some were ridiculously predicting it) got plenty of flames, and one even felt it necessary to start sending harassing facebook messages and such.

Granted, boywonder is a bit over the top sometimes... but for every one of him, there are 5 madison fans as much if not worse. And i'll be honest, what some of you claim blue stars fans have done for your opinion of the corps, madison fans have done for my opinion of that corps. I used to be a huge madison fan back in the day.

You have it all wrong, Alex. I have not seen one Madison fan trash talk any other corps or their shows. Rather, I've watched Scouts fans have to DEFEND the corps against bashing. It's the other way around. Madison fans have spent most of the season defending the corps against trash talking (mostly from Blue Star fans) at how their show has "peaked out" (which is completely stupid, unless you really believe Madison can be no cleaner). In contrast however, nothing has ever been said negative about an actual "nuther corps". At least not that I've seen (or done).

• Like 2

BK now for something completely different.

Bonus points. What TV show was referenced above?

Monty Python?

Indeed, or more fully, Monty Python's Flying Circus (1969-74). But the Pythons also released a feature film actually titled And Now for Something Completely Different in 1971, recreating sketches from the show.

• Like 1

Unless you think DCI is trying to sabotage the reputation of its own Tour of Champions, then if anything DCI's incentive is to "encourage" judges to score BS higher. Having a "top 8" corps drop to 11th or 12th when there are still four more TOC shows left is sort of embarrassing.

I hope DCI sees such changes in placement as only natural and not embarrassing at all.

• Like 1

Look it's human nature for fans who have reached new heights (3 years in 8th for Blue Stars) with aspirations for improvement to panic when they fall back a bit. It is all the same things that Crown fans began to say last year when they didn't hit 1st after the silver in 09, "our show is more complex", "we finish strong", "judge X hates us", etc. Take a deep breath Stars fans.

I have no dog in this fight (formerly BD then SCV lover, not the last few years). I see BS, BK and BAC in a virtual tie BUT if not for their great percussion, I'd have the Stars alone in 11th.

• Like 3

Blue stars alum here. Just wanted to say I'm glad scouts and bk are doing well. I just want to see more consistancy in scoring. I know my stars are a bit dirty now but there aren't many shows as hard as theirs this summer.

• Like 2

You have it all wrong, Alex. I have not seen one Madison fan trash talk any other corps or their shows. Rather, I've watched Scouts fans have to DEFEND the corps against bashing.

Not true... I had a fan who trashed me and BK when I mentioned that the 2 might be competitive against each other.(which they are) It's silly to say that not one fan of any corps bashes another, cause it's just not true. This doesn't mean Madisons fans are like that because 1 person reacted that way, in fact it's quite the opposite! BigBadMadman responded with apologies shortly after that flame post to me even though he didn't need to! That's because Madison fans are diehard and passionate as are Bstars and everyone! Sometimes in the heat of passion go to far but it has no bearing on a corps or their fans overall!!! I'm the HONK KING OF BK, and im sure it annoys some but it is who I am and thus my opinions will be wanting the best for the Knights. Isn't that how were are for all our fav corps??

Wes P

• Like 1

I hope DCI sees such changes in placement as only natural and not embarrassing at all.

Indeed !!

AFAICT the only people who seem to make an issue of fluidity in TOC participation are a certain set of rabid conspiracy theoristsph34r.gif The TOC has always been clearly defined as consisting of the top eight finishers from each previous season. Those who suggest otherwise are simply ..err... misinformed bigsmile.gif

• Like 1

Lol.. youve been one of the most constistently anti-blue stars posters on dcp the last couple years..

And i find it funny when scouts fans talk about 'blue stars rabid fans'... really? There's like 5 blue stars that post on here at all. Meanwhile, if you post anything not absolutely glowing about the scouts on here, wait about 30 seconds and your post will be descended upon by the madison-borg. Hell, even when they first got their new staff, anyone that said, hey, wait a minute, top 6 isnt just going to happen in one year (and of course it didnt.. yet some were ridiculously predicting it) got plenty of flames, and one even felt it necessary to start sending harassing facebook messages and such.

Granted, boywonder is a bit over the top sometimes... but for every one of him, there are 5 madison fans as much if not worse. And i'll be honest, what some of you claim blue stars fans have done for your opinion of the corps, madison fans have done for my opinion of that corps. I used to be a huge madison fan back in the day.

Alex, Madison fans cant be labeled as "borg" Thats only for the Cadets followers...each corps has to have a distinct label. Just wanted to clear that up :|

Geoffrey

• Like 2

Alex, Madison fans cant be labeled as "borg" Thats only for the Cadets followers...each corps has to have a distinct label. Just wanted to clear that up :|

Geoffrey

Madison Fans = Awesomeness!

:thumbup:

• Like 3

I love the Blue Stars but some of you guys are kinda pushing it. Madison and BK are better right now, I've come to accept that. I was a little mad after Minneapolis but I just gave into it and said it's true. Ranting on about it isn't going to change it, so............stop? It's doing nothing more than making the fans of Blue Stars look like they're terrible people (which I'm sure they're not) I read somewhere it's funner to be the one that comes from behind than the one that stays out front. Maybe they'll surge late season, who knows? We'll see in the coming weeks.

(Very happy to see them take percussion last night. :thumbup:)

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 1