Wichita, KS

My guess, that data was not derived from any personal experience by any researcher(s) that was engaged in military warfare. Smells can be really bad in warfare. But explosions can ruin one's hearing permanently... and the sounds outlast the smells by a wide margin in the memories, imo.

I would tend to agree. When I was growing up, we weren't allowed to shoot off firecrackers and M80s for the 4th of July because there was a gentleman in the neighborhood who couldn't take the sounds due to his being in the war (WWII or Korea, don't know).

I think I am all posted out for the evening.....lol Hope everyone enjoyed the twitter updates here. :smile:

• Like 1

thank you for the update

Did Xmen pick up the tempos?? esp the closer?

The battle for 12th is heating up! I hope the Glassmen and Crossmen don't fall too far behind. The more contenders the better! That makes for more exciting drum corps.

Edited by DCIfan90

The Cadets G.E. Visual score goes down 6 tenths, Guess who judged that caption...

Jackie Gilleydoh.gif

• Like 1

My guess, that data was not derived from any personal experience by any researcher(s) that was engaged in military warfare. Smells can be really bad in warfare. But explosions can impair one's hearing for a long time, sometimes permanently... and the sounds outlast the smells by a very wide margin in the memories, imo.

Actually, the literature I've seen derived their data from PET Scans and functional MRI's.

The Cadets G.E. Visual score goes down 6 tenths, Guess who judged that caption...

Jackie Gilleydoh.gif

Yeah, I was scanning the recaps and my eyes bugged out at that. Then I looked down...oh yeah, it's the same lady who crapped all over Cadets guard the night before.

All Hop said about it was "for what it's worth one judge kept us in check"

Edited by chris ncsu
  • Like 1

It's going to be a fun battle for 12th (at least I hope it is).

I'm not worried about Troop scoring below Spirit at one show. Troop lost to Colts the entire week before San Antonio in 2009 and we all know how that ended up. Troop will just have to throw down on Saturday with their scheduling advantage.

Edited by Pinwiz