What is up with The 2011 Kilties?

Just curious :satisfied: , what is happening with the Kilties this season? Their schedule indicated several shows going back to June that they were to attend but have seen nothing as of yet. If this had been discussed before sorry for the repetition :w00t:. I did notice that someone stated in a score ranking forum that their next show is July 30th - did they have a real first show yet?

They have been doing full field show exbitions ,have not been jugded has far as we know .But have appeared in exbition at ,

about 5-6 shows .Someone from the Kilties came in here and stated that .

The corps has been extremely active in a variety of performance venues.

Our first performance was our annual Spring Preview concert on March 27th in South Milwaukee; followed by our small ensemble performance (of approximately 20 members) at the Madison Scouts "Rockin' for the Cure" in Madison on Saturday, April 2nd.

The corps' first uniformed public performance was the Memorial Day parade in Racine, followed by two (back to back) parades in Libertyville and Elk Grove Village, Il on June 18th, followed by the first public performance of our full field show as a evening half time event at the Racine Raiders (semi-pro) football game on June 25, followed by a full field show performance at the Oregon (WI) High School (MACBDA Association) evening summer band competition on June 26th, followed by a full field show performance at the Sun Prairie (WI) evening MACBDA show on July 2nd, followed by a parade in East Troy (WI) on July 3rd, followed by an evening full field show performance at Racine's Lighthouse Brigade's MACBDA show on July 3rd, followed by a early morning parade in Wauwatosa (WI) on July 4th and a later morning parade in Racine that same day; followed by a full field show performance at the Madison Scouts "Drums on Parade" on July 9th; plus rehearsals in between and among those appearances. We had this past weekend off and return into rehearsals this coming weekend.

In short...been keepin' outta trouble (sorta-maybe)

Just curious :satisfied: , what is happening with the Kilties this season? Their schedule indicated several shows going back to June that they were to attend but have seen nothing as of yet. If this had been discussed before sorry for the repetition :w00t:. I did notice that someone stated in a score ranking forum that their next show is July 30th - did they have a real first show yet?

That is great to hear :thumbup: ! Will July 30th be your first official judged/scored show? Have you been given any score indications for all of your field exhibitions :ph34r: ? Looking forward to see you all at the DCA World Championship.

Edited by Bill_VA

That is great to hear :thumbup: ! Will July 30th be your first official judged/scored show? Have you been given any score indications for all of your field exhibitions :ph34r: ? Looking forward to see you all at the DCA World Championship.

I think it was alliance in 2008 that sort of started the whole trend of getting a late season starting score. They saw success with it that year and I think a lot of the corpsbsaw that and started following suit maybe!???????

July 30 will be an exhibition performance at the DCI show in DeKalb, IL.

The first scored competition will be at the "Kiltie Klassic Invitational"

on August 6 at the Case High School Stadium in Racine.

Since I'm not marching the field show this summer, I've seen them many times.

I'm happy to report that the Kilties are doing VERY well. Crowds have been

going crazy for this show! The guard is the biggest and best in our history,

the drum line is decent, about the same size as last year and is improving rapidly.

The 36 person brass line is a little smaller than the last few years, but

is loaded with players. They have the fat full sound of a much larger horn line.

The soprano line is probably our strongest ever, featuring a screeching lead line

that DCA fans are going to love! You're in for a real treat!

• Like 3