Electronics Debate 2011

I agree, although I half expect most directors and designers probably just tune out the complaints, or roll their eyes like so many of the folks on DCP.

Oh well.

I roll my eyes at most of the comments made on DCP too.

And yet, I am not a director or a designer.

Most comments come down to complaining about something you folks aren't able to fix. So, you complain. You rarely, if ever, offer a solution which is feasible in the eyes of those who govern or actively participate in DCI in management positions.

People have gone to the lengths of emailing each corps director, Dan Acheson, the world, but you know what....attendance is up at many shows...you can't slow down drum corps as much as some try to turn the clock back.

That's my impression of how things are going.

• Like 3

It might be, if it was new information....but there's nothing new here, just the same concerns.

If you don't want to see Yet Another Thread About Electronics YATAE© best thing to do is refrain from making posts which give them something new to talk about. Let it stew in it's own juices and it will slink back beneath the surface. You're right -- there's absolutely nothing new to add to this discussion.

If you don't want to see Yet Another Thread About Electronics YATAE© best thing to do is refrain from making posts which give them something new to talk about. Let it stew in it's own juices and it will slink back beneath the surface. You're right -- there's absolutely nothing new to add to this discussion.

It's DCP....we were talking about why it's pointless to talk about electronics :rolleyes:

All,

We've had a few reports of this being a redundant conversation and something of an annual thread that should be folded into the hundreds of pages of previous discussion we've had already . . .and, while this does seem to come 'round every summer, I think most of you (on either side of said issue) will agree that it's better to have a central, one-stop place for the discussion rather than let it permeate the rest of the board.

This way, those that want to debate it may, and those who wish to avoid the topic can do so easily.

Thanks! :smile:

I roll my eyes at most of the comments made on DCP too.

And yet, I am not a director or a designer.

Most comments come down to complaining about something you folks aren't able to fix. So, you complain. You rarely, if ever, offer a solution which is feasible in the eyes of those who govern or actively participate in DCI in management positions.

People have gone to the lengths of emailing each corps director, Dan Acheson, the world, but you know what....attendance is up at many shows...you can't slow down drum corps as much as some try to turn the clock back.

That's my impression of how things are going.

Not sure about 2011 yet, but attendance in 2010 was down from 2009.

I know one thing for sure , I do not want to share what I know about power amps with the drum corps community [not that anyone is asking], because without a doubt in my opinion not even one drumcorps

is even coming close to what could be done with them.

How are things going in our activity? I would say fair.

Costs are going up, dues are going up, the economy is in the tank. The more that the economy suffers and the price of insurance and food and logistics go up, the more this activity will suffer.

In my opinion DCI needs to stop seeing itself as a marketing machine for promoting the top wc drumcorps, and start acting more like a youth ministry to these kids.

"for the kids"

Mikey

Edited by Howdy

All,

We've had a few reports of this being a redundant conversation and something of an annual thread that should be folded into the hundreds of pages of previous discussion we've had already . . .and, while this does seem to come 'round every summer, I think most of you (on either side of said issue) will agree that it's better to have a central, one-stop place for the discussion rather than let it permeate the rest of the board.

This way, those that want to debate it may, and those who wish to avoid the topic can do so easily.

Thanks! :smile:

Is this our one-stop shop then? Just wondering if you're folding it into old threads and putting it up top, or if we're just going to continue here.

Mods....what do I have to do? Do I have to personally attack someone in this thread...spin it dangerously off topic....fill it with demonic, political diatribes in order to get the thread closed? I know I would face a one month banishment...but it might be worth it.

Better...can any of the mods provide me a way to search all the previous threads on the use of Electronics so I can ask you to close this one and we can add our thoughts to one of all the other previous threads on this subject?

DONT CLICK ON THE FREAKIN TOPIC!!!! THEN YOU WON'T HAVE TO READ IT. IS IT THAT HARD?

Yes - I was shouting. Now get out of this topic so I can keep complaining..... :devil:

Edited by snowrider

Is this our one-stop shop then? Just wondering if you're folding it into old threads and putting it up top, or if we're just going to continue here.

Yeah, let's make this the 2011 one stop shop if that's okay. I'll re-title the thread as such.