Why is this happening

This is true.

This is the halfway point. Anything could happen. And that " anything could happen " also means that we could look up at the scores on Finals Night and see all the preseason World Class Division slotted 8 Corps in the TOC intact once again... just as they were when these 8 Corps were put together even before last years Finals.

Volatility in July does not mean volatility when the Corps get to Indy. I think we'll see some surprises come Iny Finals. I think it's POSSIBLE than one or more Corps may break into the TOC slotted 8 grouping at Finals. But I've been around the block a few times to know that July results don't really mean all that much once these Corps bring their finished products into Finals Week.

Edited by BRASSO

madison hasn't beat bluecoats all year, the only times they have posted higher scores was in different shows with different competitors.

• Like 2

Madison might have a more entertaining show though, that my friend is debatable.

Well...let's get it on! I am ready to debate on this point. :)

• Like 1

For the second time this season, Madison has magically and overnight dropped below several corps. Earlier this season, Madison was in around 5th or 6th place beating Bluecoats by 3 points. So now Madison was in a battle for 6-9 Then, in Madison, all of a sudden Bluecoats are beating them by two full points. Last night, two corps Madison was beating have flipped over Madison...in just one night. Reading between the lines, one could say that will include Blue Stars as well since the have been beating Blue Knights. this means that in a manner of a couple of weeks, Madison has gone from a middle of the pack top 12 corps to one that is fighting to make finals.

What gives?

Don't you think you're being a little dramatic? Madison is not fighting to get into finals. They're in!!! Let's look at this quickly; the top four are solid; Cavies, Cadets, BD, and Crown. 5-8 will flip flop until finals; PR, SCV, Bluecoats, Blue Stars, ok you can add Madison to this group, I actually see SCV finishing 5th. 10-11 Boston, Blue Knights. Troopers and Spirit are competing for the final position unless there is a tie (could happen). Now here's the part you don't want to hear or possibly accept, although Madison has had a great connection with the audience this year I feel the corps ahead of them right now have better visual programs. This my friend is a very good year for drum corps.

Irving

Fan of the Arts

madison hasn't beat bluecoats all year, the only times they have posted higher scores was in different shows with different competitors.

Some of us have said this for eons too. If you are comparing scores from different shows from around the country you are more than likely setting yourself up for future frustration if you think those scores and spreads will carry over to the head to head matchups that later occur.

Some fans however still like to engage in it despite being told of the folly in such an exercise, and so thats cool too.

Edited by BRASSO

The answers you've already gotten sum up my thoughts as well. I just want to reiterate the two things that I think are significant factors in all of the scoring changes that occur:

1. In particular to Denton, Madison had an off night - that happens.

2. Judges seem to be willing to have an "what I see/hear on this particular day is what you get" approach.

It's hard to go to a new way of looking at scores. It's not going to be like the years before. It's difficult, it's fun, and maybe now we can stop saying "the story is in the spread." For me the story is in the recaps, not the overall point spread. The micro-details give a much richer picture of what is really happening out there.

I seem to remember Cesario saying this on a Field Pass somewhere....you know, something he said DCI wanted to happen. :satisfied:

• Like 2

For the second time this season, Madison has magically and overnight dropped below several corps. Earlier this season, Madison was in around 5th or 6th place beating Bluecoats by 3 points. So now Madison was in a battle for 6-9 Then, in Madison, all of a sudden Bluecoats are beating them by two full points. Last night, two corps Madison was beating have flipped over Madison...in just one night. Reading between the lines, one could say that will include Blue Stars as well since the have been beating Blue Knights. this means that in a manner of a couple of weeks, Madison has gone from a middle of the pack top 12 corps to one that is fighting to make finals.

What gives?

I heard that Madison is having a bit of a flu epidemic. It is kind of hard to blow away the judges when you are trying to keep from puking through your mouth piece. Trust me, Madison will get better in the next few weeks and the competition will get tight, real tight! :thumbup:

I hate threads like these...

Madison show is easier than Bloo's. Bloo has more growing room...more choreography to clean...etc. They are finally starting to rise, Bloo can be a medalist come August because they are running the marathon. Even BAC and BK have better show designs IMHO. They designed it to peak at the right time.

Does this mean Madison stinks or their show stinks? No. They just have an easier show. Don't even try to argue with me this is a FACT. Madison might have a more entertaining show though, that my friend is debatable.

Madison never beat them either...?

Ok, y'all, pack up the forum...we're done here! MMXI has done the analysis, and Madison's show is the eqivalent of elevator drill (you do know what elevator drill is, right?) with no backwards marching and playing "Come Sweet Jesus" in whole notes.

If you don't want your position discussed, questioned or debated, don't post it on a public forum. To say your point is inargueable is at least arrogant and at best indicative that you are nor prepared to defend your position.

• Like 1