What does Deborah Torchia have against the Cavaliers?

Perhaps she's the universes way of balancing out Marie Czapinski's scores. Seems like MC has an eternal hardon for the Cavaliers

Seems some people are only happy when Kemp-alier is judging! Design is art; the Judges should understand, recognize and reward the unique range and scope of concepts and performances presented.

I’m glad some judges don't,.... just look at recaps……………

Edited by SKEK_SOP
  • Like 1

I have to admit that it seems that every corps has an individual judge that seems to have it in for them! I will guarantee that if you look at the forum long enough every single judge has been slammed for hating one or another corps. In drum corps you just have to live with it and try to minimize the damage. :thumbdown:

Some judges are harder than others, but they usually hate everyone equally. :tongue:

• Like 2

So does every corps have that one judge that consistently slams them?

Perhaps a list should be made.

Maybe each is the nemesis that keeps the superhero challenged.

I thought the Scouts already did that show? I just can't keep up with this thread.

(note: I've only met and spoken with debbie once)

In the conversation I had with Debbie, she pretty much talked about "height" and "projection to the audience and box" the ENTIRE TIME. Perhaps Debbie doesn't believe that the Cavaliers Technique is capable of those two things.

You have to admit, it makes them look short, very short. And as far as "projection" and "height" corps like BD/PR(because of the white unis)/Cadets appear much taller and more projected towards the audience, than Cavaliers. I think it works in the Cavaliers context, before you green machiners get out the flame throwers.

The true test, I think will be next year when SCV is a little more competative. If Debbie starts scoring them low as well, we'll be able to see if it is correllated like I think.

• Like 1

(note: I've only met and spoken with debbie once)

In the conversation I had with Debbie, she pretty much talked about "height" and "projection to the audience and box" the ENTIRE TIME. Perhaps Debbie doesn't believe that the Cavaliers Technique is capable of those two things.

You have to admit, it makes them look short, very short. And as far as "projection" and "height" corps like BD/PR(because of the white unis)/Cadets appear much taller and more projected towards the audience, than Cavaliers. I think it works in the Cavaliers context, before you green machiners get out the flame throwers.

The true test, I think will be next year when SCV is a little more competative. If Debbie starts scoring them low as well, we'll be able to see if it is correllated like I think.

She was judging design, not proficiency. Have a look at the new captions.

• Like 1