What does Deborah Torchia have against the Cavaliers?

Just now, DCI-86 said:

That is sooo not true!  I think BD’s guard is spectacular but you would never associate the hardest book and Blue Devils in the same sentence. Boston, Cavies and Blue Stars have the hardest books this year. So I don’t agree with your assessment of her scoring.  

It was just a suggestion. However Blue Stars being in 6th, when nobody has placed them that high, says something, and they do have a difficult guard program. 

3 minutes ago, DCI-86 said:

That is sooo not true!  I think BD’s guard is spectacular but you would never associate the hardest book and Blue Devils in the same sentence. Boston, Cavies and Blue Stars have the hardest books this year. So I don’t agree with your assessment of her scoring.  

If all you look at is equipment, I might agree with you. Movement vocabulary, BD and SCV...and then everyone else. It's not really even close. Combine movement and equipment, what you saw last night is pretty close to reality.

Edited by BDCorno
  • Like 3

BS guard were 7th at San Antionio and 4th in content. So not surprising that as they clean up they move up- as they do almost every year! 

2 minutes ago, BDCorno said:

If all you look at is equipment, I might agree with you. Movement vocabulary, BD and SCV...and then everyone else. It's not really even close. Combine movement and equipment, what you saw last night is pretty close to reality.

I stand by what I said. I wasn’t just referring to the equipment book but the total writing. What BD does very well is show one skill and move on so they often look more minimalist compared to the content of other groups but that strategy plays well to the sheets. 

• Like 1

On July 23, 2011 at 11:27 AM, grjt said:

can't believe she can justify that difference.

"Fake Newzs"

3 minutes ago, DCI-86 said:

I stand by what I said. I wasn’t just referring to the equipment book but the total writing. What BD does very well is show one skill and move on so they often look more minimalist compared to the content of other groups but that strategy plays well to the sheets. 

Please tell us all "what the sheets say". BD has plenty of combined and layered content. Many miss that. The dance features in the show? One, maybe two other guards might have a prayer of pulling those off with any type of excellence. That should tell you everything you need to know about their book.

21 minutes ago, BoyWonder1911 said:

Torchia seems to reward difficulty more than others. If you have a difficult book, you'll be rewarded more than easier books, with less achievement needed to overcome. 

"You need to achieve your book in order to get credit for difficulty" is somewhat less relevant with her. Not completely, but somewhat less.

Actually the Cavaliers have a pretty beefy book- even moreso than a few they placed behind.

I agree with you. When I said “one skill” I didn’t mean they don’t show combined body/equip, I just said they don’t repeat loads of skills: (for example) do 20 x 6s in their show as others do. They get credited for their range and variety. 

I don’t care care for their writing but I do respect it. 

Edited by DCI-86
  • Like 1