What does Deborah Torchia have against the Cavaliers?

So does every corps have that one judge that consistently slams them?

Perhaps a list should be made.

Maybe each is the nemesis that keeps the superhero challenged.

At very least by finals i think most corps have one or two judges they know that if theyre on the panel, theyre going to take a hit.

Are you saying you think Cavaliers uniforms make them look short? If so, why? Too dark?

No. I'm saying squatting to march backwards... or 'drop and move' I think is their term, and the extreme bent legs on forward marching make the members look short.

When someone focuses on member projection being a facet of the ge visual ensemble's strengths, this would hurt the Cavaliers.

It would be nice for the GE sheets to EXPLICITLY remove individuals and their projection, etc, from the sheets... because that is being judged elsewhere.

• Like 1

Wow. BD isnt even close to Cavaliers in visual design (or Cadets for that matter). Thats a laughable score.

• Like 3

(note: I've only met and spoken with debbie once)

In the conversation I had with Debbie, she pretty much talked about "height" and "projection to the audience and box" the ENTIRE TIME. Perhaps Debbie doesn't believe that the Cavaliers Technique is capable of those two things.

Maybe the whole corps should use the stilts.

• Like 1

Oh, marching technique. OK. Things have changed since I was in the corps, but I never once heard comments about our technique being detrimental to the overall effect of the show; mostly, I heard the opposite.