What does Deborah Torchia have against the Cavaliers?

While they do what they do very well, from a design perspective they take the least amount of risk of any top corps out there.

If your program is strikingly similar year after year after year, what is there really to reward from a design perspective other than level?

Cadets, BD, Crown all take much more significant risks year on year than Cavaliers.

• Like 3

I personally don't believe Debbie Torchia is against the Cavaliers. I believe "Debbie" is just a horrible adjudicator for Drum Corps International in general..

I have personally made this very complaint to many other adjudicators in DCI for many, many, years now. That's how strongly I feel about HER work.

Dave Martinez

Venice Beach CA

Agreed 100%

No. I'm saying squatting to march backwards... or 'drop and move' I think is their term, and the extreme bent legs on forward marching make the members look short.

When someone focuses on member projection being a facet of the ge visual ensemble's strengths, this would hurt the Cavaliers.

It would be nice for the GE sheets to EXPLICITLY remove individuals and their projection, etc, from the sheets... because that is being judged elsewhere.

Cavaliers don't squat and march backwards. In my 5 years of marching, i NEVER heard a staff member say to "squat to march backwards" they actually discourage that.

The only time you have a level change is doing a jazz run. Which they only do at 4 to 5.

don't pretend like you know their style of marching.

But i'm sure you're gonna have some witty comeback statement on this so whatever.

• Like 3

Cavaliers don't squat and march backwards. In my 5 years of marching, i NEVER heard a staff member say to "squat to march backwards" they actually discourage that.

The only time you have a level change is doing a jazz run. Which they only do at 4 to 5.

don't pretend like you know their style of marching.

But i'm sure you're gonna have some witty comeback statement on this so whatever.

Backwards bent leg marching comes across as a squat, regardless of what staff members say. And yes, they do use the phrase 'drop and move'.

And we've already established I like it and think it works for the cavaliers. So try to contrive what I'm saying into an attack. Stock.

Edited by GeneralTsoChicken
  • Like 3

Quite " extraordinary ", as a matter of fact.

That why every generation should have a revolution.