What does Deborah Torchia have against the Cavaliers?

"Being over there" doesn't count at all.

But i've seen some of your posts on here, so i feel like i should take everything you say with a grain of salt.

If you feel that way, you sure let him suck you into his little salt crystal lol

• Like 1

...only when both knees are bent at the same time. You can be just as tall with one knee bent and the other leg straight. Just sayin' ;)

Indeed.

Anyone who wants to hate me, flame me, pm me, blow me up... etc...

Stand up, backwards march with both legs bent. Look at anyone in the room and ask them if it looks like you are squatting to march backwards. It makes you shorter and does, indeed, look like a squat.

• Like 2

Indeed.

Anyone who wants to hate me, flame me, pm me, blow me up... etc...

Stand up, backwards march with both legs bent. Look at anyone in the room and ask them if it looks like you are squatting to march backwards. It makes you shorter and does, indeed, look like a squat.

Only one leg is bent, and the other is straight.

If you break the technique down the ONLY time a leg is bent, is during the "e & a" of each beat.

On counts "1 2 3 4 etc.." both legs are straight.

At no point are both legs bent.

So like i said earlier, stop pretending you know everything when you've proven you know NOTHING about how things work over there.

• Like 1

If you feel that way, you sure let him suck you into his little salt crystal lol

Lol sometimes you just gotta call someone out on their BS

• Like 1

And yes, they do use the phrase 'drop and move'.

No, no, no.

Respectfully,

A Cavalier

As for Torchia, I don't really subscribe to the notion that particular judges "have it out" for a particular corps. I'm not one for number crunching, but if in fact her scores are consistently lower than those given by other judges (and if DCI chooses to continue to use her as a judge), then I'll trust the system and assume that she's merely looking for different things.

Edited by sproorie
  • Like 1

There are certain judges that when I look at their scores and placement, I get a little surprise every now and then - just can't predict where they will put a corps because they place the corps where they earn that night.

There are judges that you can bet your bottom dollalr you will know before the show where they place certian corps in their caption. That is a biased judge, and I have seen some of these outcomes from certain judges.

• Like 1

I am going to start a thread titled "What does DCP poster grjt have against Deborah Torchia?"

People, drum corps is art that is subjectively judged by others and then arbitrarily assigned a score. I guarantee that if you focus on the product of the corps over the product of the judges you will enjoy drum corps more (especially this year).

It is a competition, is it not??? And yes there is bias in any competition when you have humans judging other humans. And yes, this is an exceptional year for drum corps, for a change. It's exciting to see corps changing places in the rankings. All that aside, it is very obvious when certain judges are playing favortism. In the case of Ms Torchia, she probably gets away with her antics because, after all, she is one of the founding members of the organization that was formed to make sure the judges have extra circular jobs and are paid well for it. So I'm sure all theh pansies in the group are afraid to boot her ### out of the organization. Funny thing though, it finally did happen to one of the founding judges in the BOA organization. So why not in DCI??????

Maybe the solution is to do away with competitions and just have exhibitions presented by the corps. Wonder how that would go over? HMMMMM

Edited by srb30a