DCI San Antonio

DC is really in a sad state of affairs when the majority of a show review concerns SPEAKER placement and the balance of the AMPLIFIED or ELECTRONIC instruments! It’s too bad that powers that be in DCI have decided to abandon the beautiful sound of the brass choir, which once was the activities identity and pollute it with the clamor coming from the pit. Meanwhile fans stay away in droves and those who do attend, sit on their hands!

• Like 1

Bluecoats -

The staff should have NEVER allowed what happened tonight (that goes for ANY corps). There clearly was never a sound check done on the pit/synth. The pit literally drowned the entire corps out. A complete embarrassment to the entire corps really.

I can't comment on the show, BECAUSE I COULDN'T HEAR IT. Wow, that is all I have to say. Someone needs to re-evaluate what is going on with management here. From the show design to this, a complete WASTE of talent this year imho.

That may be how it was on the webcast...but this was not the case live. The balance was fine. The hornline was fully present and audible.

That may be how it was on the webcast...but this was not the case live. The balance was fine. The hornline was fully present and audible.

Agreed. In person Bluecoats balance was just fine. I have no idea what the original poster was listening to. And yes, they did do a sound check.

That is good news, for my corps. However it sucked as a fan network viewer. It was awful beyond recognition.

Agreed. In person Bluecoats balance was just fine. I have no idea what the original poster was listening to. And yes, they did do a sound check.