Dear DCI Judges . . .

I've been a fan of the Blue Devils for 20 years and I am still a BD fan. I've worked for the Blue Devils. But this year, in my opinion, they are being given far too much credit. It seems obvious to me that at this time, they are a fourth place corps and apparently, the DCI Judges are trading on the BD name and history when they should be putting Crown and Cadets ahead of them. Neither Crown or The Cadets are getting the credit they deserve and BD is being given too much. Dear DCI Judges: I've checked it out and believe it or not, it's not illegal to put Blue Devils in fourth place. The world will not come to an end. Blue Devils deserve all the success they've received up until this year. It is obvious to me that BD simply doesn't have a top three show this year. DCI Judges: please be honest and fair and stop letting corps name and history mark your judging sheets for you. It's just not right, in fact, it's a form of cheating. I'm just asking that you have integrity and be fair and honest to ALL corps. It sure doesn't seem at all like that is what is happening in the standings at this point. Do the right thing, DCI Judges. Do your job the way you're supposed to do your job: be impartial and fair to ALL

• Like 7

I've been a fan of the Blue Devils for 20 years and I am still a BD fan. I've worked for the Blue Devils. But this year, in my opinion, they are being given far too much credit. It seems obvious to me that at this time, they are a fourth place corps and apparently, the DCI Judges are trading on the BD name and history when they should be putting Crown and Cadets ahead of them. Neither Crown or The Cadets are getting the credit they deserve and BD is being given too much. Dear DCI Judges: I've checked it out and believe it or not, it's not illegal to put Blue Devils in fourth place. The world will not come to an end. Blue Devils deserve all the success they've received up until this year. It is obvious to me that BD simply doesn't have a top three show this year. DCI Judges: please be honest and fair and stop letting corps name and history mark your judging sheets for you. It's just not right, in fact, it's a form of cheating. I'm just asking that you have integrity and be fair and honest to ALL corps. It sure doesn't seem at all like that is what is happening in the standings at this point. Do the right thing, DCI Judges. Do your job the way you're supposed to do your job: be impartial and fair to ALL

This is clearly being written as a spoof. If you REALLY thought that BD is being overscored, you'd have listed the judging captions where you think they are being overscored. My guess, you're probably very happy with the judges scores of late for BD.

• Like 1

they have arguably the best hornline, drumline and marchers this year, a terrific guard, a very hummable and friendly music book, and yet they are often placing third...... I don't see how they are being given too much credit. I think they are getting just about the right amount of credit. They are performing like champions. They have a weird visual program this year which many, myself included, are not fond of, but that shouldn't take away by the incredible performers and what they are doing every night.

(it feels a little weird to defend BD, haha)

• Like 4

Either I'm missing a lot of sarcasm or things are getting weirder and weirder around here. :blink:

I don't believe it to be sarcasm, but then again I support the point enthusiastically.

Edited by Corbin

If I were BD, I would be just a TAD BIT concerned with the GE Vis 1 judge. I would have already been on the phone to Dan Acheson requesting that judge find her way to Calcutta for the rest of the season. 0.1 swing and BD's in 1st.

Also interesting to see the 5 corps below the 9 corps and 10 corps on the same judge's recap. If I were wearing green, I would have already called DCI requesting this judge be assigned to bus #3 and our judging panels the rest of the season...probably from now on.

If I'm Rockford I'm wondering what it would take to tie a bowling ball off on her ankle at Sea World on the way out of town. :ph34r:

• Like 1

They are well on their way to winning drums this year.

They are marching better than anybody out there.

Color guard is spinning well.

It would not surprise me at all to see them win brass.

Nor would it surprise me at all to see them win it all given the ground they have made up in recent weeks.

Edited by contrajedi8
  • Like 1

I don't think we can make arguments for or against BD based on the recaps. We have seen bizarre score fluctuations. That only means the judges are inconstant so any logic Or proofs based on any scores is trite and illogical. A recent percussion judge gave harsh criticism to the crossmen recently regarding their tympani player and hus roll technique. Funny thing they don't have tympani thus year! Once again more reasons to scratch your head about the judging

Dear Judges,

Please excuse the post you received earlier from this alleged disgruntled former employee of the Blue Devils. He/She wondered away from "the home" again and was found in a Starbucks borrowing a laptop. We will try to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Sorry

ps Thank you for the wonderful job you did in San Antonia. At least...most of you.

Edited by oldbandguy
  • Like 1