Men Without Hats

Crossmen, SCV, and Cavies all have plumes on their aussies!

No, they do not! Only Crossmen do, Cavies and SCV only have a single feather in their aussie. It's the reason SCV goes, "Feathers up!" for a show, not "Plumes up!" :tongue:

• Like 1

This reminds me of a concept sketch Brent Becker (now the uni designer for Stanbury) did -

http://becorps.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=48#/d2iv1ep

Took the idea of a Cadets "New York" show and created individual uniforms that all followed the same general color scheme, which would allow for both form recognition form a distance as well as individual characterization up close.

(While you're there, check out his sketches for what he'd do with Phantom and Troopers this year - very cool!)

Mike (<- Uniform Fanatic)

This reminds me of a concept sketch Brent Becker (now the uni designer for Stanbury) did -

http://becorps.devia...set=48#/d2iv1ep

Took the idea of a Cadets "New York" show and created individual uniforms that all followed the same general color scheme, which would allow for both form recognition form a distance as well as individual characterization up close.

(While you're there, check out his sketches for what he'd do with Phantom and Troopers this year - very cool!)

I dig his steampunk stuff and some of his other explorations. His best stuff, it seems, is really is when he is not thinking so much about influencing drum corps with something outside... but more like influencing something outside with drum corps.

Take something completely outside the orbit... add a dash or two of drum corps (about the same about you would tabasco). Perfect.

http://becorps.devia...set=48#/d2iv1ep

"Sin" is fabulous.

"Gluttony" is funny (I wonder how many corps this year would fit that uni tongue.gif)

And the Phixing Phantom '10 is outstanding! Under lights it would be gorgeous.

And he LOVES Teal, doesn't he? Teal must be his color.

Great stuff, Mike.

Edited by garfield

He did the new unis for Teal - once the corps adopts the "official" version, he goes back and puts his sketches online so you can see the process. His designs are currently worn by Teal Sound, Pacific Crest, Seattle Cascades, kind of sort of Troopers, Madison Scouts. And SCV's 08 corps (with the metallic overlay).

Mike