Put a price on this...

Drum corps made me who I am. Period.

I started to say that, but the point if the post was to show the activity in a positive light.

• Like 2

I started to say that, but the point if the post was to show the activity in a positive light.

I know! I meant mine in as positive of a way as possible! :thumbup:

I often wonder where I'd be if I never encountered the activity...on accident!

Awesome!

I had the same experience (and photo!) 2 years ago when my son marched. We are from Canada and with no Div 1 near by to receive experience. I was especially proud of him when he finally made the corps he focused on going for.

Took him three years but he got in and the experience and what he learned will be with him forever.

Here is to all proud parents of DCI members!

• 2 weeks later...

Finals week bump!

While the discussions we have here on DCP run the gamut, from thoughtful to _____________, lets remember the real value of this activity and why it is worthwhile. Pardon my bias, but drum corps kids have been and will continue to be something incredibly special. Of anything we may have "lost" along the way, this is the thing that is sacred.

You know, when the QF broadcast mentioned the Scouts singing "You'll Never Walk Alone" at ground zero, I started tearing up. I can only imagine, but that had to have been among the most emotional moments in Madison history, and that's saying something.

Thanks for reminding us what this is REALLY all about.

• Like 2

I was going to make a post tonight entitled "Why this stuff is more than just BAND" but YOU... You've captured it!

I love you ALL and it's because of drum corps.

You know, when the QF broadcast mentioned the Scouts singing "You'll Never Walk Alone" at ground zero, I started tearing up. I can only imagine, but that had to have been among the most emotional moments in Madison history, and that's saying something.

Thanks for reminding us what this is REALLY all about.

I got chills that wouldn't stop. This stuff is amazing.

Very well written.