Put a price on this...

A handsome young man who decided what he wanted and accomplished it.

Kudos to the parents who enabled this to happen.

My stepson has natural musical talent - he started playing piano at age 6, cello at age 7, and wanted to start trombone, but the rental costs were outrageous. He got an electric guitar when he was twelve and started playing the same day. I have been bringing him to Drum Corps competitions since he was four, about the same age my did Dad for me, in the early 50s. Kyle never became enthusiastic, except he liked the Pirates on tape - Madison, what year?

Now, at 18, he tells me he has seen some drum lines on Youtube that he finds amazing.

Go figure. Sometimes you have to channel and sometimes you have to let go. Not an easy task.

Kevin Doherty

• 2 weeks later...

Absolutely no price tag can be put on this experience. I would have paid 5 times as much as I did to march.

This is probably one of the best posts that has ever graced this forum. It made my morning! Now I remember why I spend so much time arguing with my non drum corps friends who are music majors about why it means so much to me.

• Like 1

This is probably one of the best posts that has ever graced this forum. It made my morning! Now I remember why I spend so much time arguing with my non drum corps friends who are music majors about why it means so much to me.

Or explaining to non-music people why this activity is so amazing!

• Like 1