DCI East Prep

I've gone the past couple of years. First and foremost, GET THERE EARLY. Sometime in the five o'clock hour.

As for corps warming up you can walk around anywhere in that creek and find all different corps warming up. It's really cool.

All in all, it is an incredible drum corps experience. If I wasn't going to Indy this year, I'd definitely go to A-town. You'll love it.

I took these snippets out from this poster's remarks, because I thought they were good advice and observations, imo.

The Allentown show is perhaps the best show other than Finals, at least in my opinion.

If you like nosebleed seats with a great look at the drill, this is your stadium.

If you like spending time in the lot (or in this case, the nice shady park) watching warmups, you won't find a better atmosphere anywhere.

Funnel Cakes

There will be a very vocal, very well-informed crowd at the show, going crazy for corps that are about as clean as they will ever be.

If Shoeless Joe Jackson were a former marching member instead of a baseball player, this is where his ghost would come

I agree. This stadium oozes Drum Corps tradition. They'll be literally hundreds of parents that'll be able to be in attendance watching their children perform and compete on the very same field that they once did decades before and experiencing all the wonder and excitement they once did when they were young and wide eyed with it all when they performed with a Corps there in Allentown. It's just such a great, great atmosphere there for the shows where 20+ Corps converge on this town annually each year for a couple of days. Before, during, and after the shows. I'm thoroughly jealous of those that will be able to attend this year.

Edited by BRASSO

I agree. This stadium oozes Drum Corps tradition. They'll be literally hundreds of parents that'll be able to be in attendance watching their children perform and compete on the very same field that they once did decades before and experiencing all the wonder and excitement they once did when they were young and wide eyed with it all when they performed with a Corps there in Allentown. It's just such a great, great atmosphere there for the shows where 20+ Corps converge on this town annually each year for a couple of days. Before, during, and after the shows. I'm thoroughly jealous of those that will be able to attend this year.

even better....several kids now get to compete on a field they did with their HS groups. And many of us that taught them explain the history of that stadium before they get there.

even better....several kids now get to compete on a field they did with their HS groups. And many of us that taught them explain the history of that stadium before they get there.

Very true...was there in my HS and with Surf, Bloo, and Cadets.

GREAT memories from that stadium.

Drum corps shows and going to the movies have one thing in common: eat before you get there. The food is better and less expensive than the snack bar!

Garry in Vegas

I've been in Baltimore all week and it's rained almost every day. I hope this isn't the case for the show in two days...

"If Shoeless Joe Jackson were a former marching member instead of a baseball player, this is where his ghost would come"

That's one profound quote, Super Don-O. Thanks. The place has its issues, but it represents what we were, and what we still are. Enjoy it while you can.