Steel City Ambassadors Alumni Corps

The Steel City Ambassadors Alumni website says they had 54 horns and 15 percussion members at their 6/5/11 rehersal. Does anyone know if they are going to be in the Alumni Spectacular in Rochester this year? In past years they have been in the mini corps competition, but not in the Alumni Spectacular. I assume they were not in the Alumni Spectacular because they had too few members. If they had good member numbers in June, I thought maybe they would be in the Alumni Spectacular. It would be terrific to see them there.

not this year but hoping to make an appearance in the Alumni show sometime in the future. But you will see a large contingent of black and gold at DCA.

Right now they are gearing up for some fall events locally and standstills in the spring.

I may be wrong BUT.

I think "Steel City" HAS been in the "Alumni Classic" more than once before.

Also, I do not think Size has anything to do with, Who is in it.

I may be wrong BUT.

I think "Steel City" HAS been in the "Alumni Classic" more than once before.

Also, I do not think Size has anything to do with, Who is in it.

At least once, from what I remember.

And I'm pretty sure you're right... size is not a factor, in terms of who gets invited to participate.

not this year but hoping to make an appearance in the Alumni show sometime in the future. But you will see a large contingent of black and gold at DCA.

Right now they are gearing up for some fall events locally and standstills in the spring.

Thanks for the information. I did not mean to imply that you had to be any particular size to be in the Alumni Spectacular. I thought that since Steel City had attained a good size that you would possibly be there this year. I was hoping you would be there to supply more representation to the more central part of the USA. I would love to see Steel City perform.

• 1 month later...

If memory serves (and I was on the field with them) it was 2004 in Scranton.

Yes they were, I was there with Syracuse alumni