Can anyone else detect which corps Michael Boo dislikes?

Now Mike knows what it's like to be a judge. In all sincerity I think that he treats all the corps as fairly as possible.

• Like 2

boo is great, nice person. He wants everyone to be successful. I don't think he openly shows favortism towards any corps. He is objective and finds the positive in every show.

• Like 1

Thanks all who are passionate about what I do, because I'm passionate about what the corps do.

I certainly don't attempt to show any bias on my blogs. Sometimes it's more challenging to talk about puppies and kitties when a show is aiming towards sharks eating those puppies and kitties. But, Lord knows I try.

Now, let me share with you parts of two e-mails I received on the blogs...one from Minneapolis and one from Atlanta.

From Minneapolis:

YOU ARE A LITTLE, NO MAKE THAT VERY BIAS TOWARDS CERTAIN CORPS. COME ON, THOSE ARE KIDS OUT THERE DOING THEIR BEST SO SHOW SOME PASSION FOR THEM ALL. KNOW YOU LOOOOOOVE THE CAVIES AND LOOOOOOOVE B.D. BUT THERE ARE ALL GREAT CORPS OUT THERE DOING THEIR DAMNEST SO BE FAIR NEXT TIME...

From Atlanta:

As a parent of a national drum corp participant (first year), I was excited to see the provision of a play by play commentary for DCI events when we can't be present in person. I have read your comments on two different nights now, and I appreciate the comments on music choices, color guard action, horn playing, drum line feats that help us get a picture of what is happening even though we aren't there. However, you need to know that both times I've joined your link, there was an obvious decline in relaying the action as well as complimentary analysis when the Cavaliers were performing. In fact, there was a clear negative tone to your postings. It seems a bit strange that for a corp that is in the top 3, you have had little positive to say except that the upside down tenors are cool. Why such an obvious bias?

Notice they both used the word "bias." But one was saying I was biased towards Cavaliers (and by the way, I got a really nice note from them after I sent my reply...I reply to all my e-mails) and the next one said I was biased against Cavaliers, a corps I marched with for three years and three years ago performed in their alumni corps.

So, I'm either doing something wrong or something right.

But, seriously...try being enthusiastic for 27 corps in a row...which should make the 40-corps line-up for Indianapolis Prelims great fodder for those who are trying to figure out which corps paid me off to write good things about them. :tongue:

On to writing the recap analysis. At least I can't get in trouble with the numbers. Oh, wait...I've got some e-mails about those, too. :rolleyes:

• Like 5

Last 2 weeks he has been negative on the Blue Stars and Glassmen, High on Academy, Crown. He does a great job at blogging Academy's show and then talks about zombies for the Glassmen.... You can just tell he isn't putting effort into certain corps like he is others...

Zombies are hip right now. The Zombie Apocalypse is even hotter. Zombies have never been more "in." I like keeping my references in tune with the times...at least ever since my June Marlowe and Buster Keaton references started going over people's heads.

Personally I think Mr. Boo is the most fair and objective individual in the entire drum corps activity.

Besides ME of course. :rolleyes:

You being the most fair and objective individual in the entire drum corps activity is always implied, even if I forget to mention it.

boo is great, nice person. He wants everyone to be successful. I don't think he openly shows favortism towards any corps. He is objective and finds the positive in every show.

I'm also fond of puppies. Too many people don't know that about me.

• Like 1

He does NOT like chicken. A giant killer chicken turned him into a vegetarian. See, that's negative!

Killer turkey, but what's splitting feathers between fowl?

• Like 1