Erie August 7th

No pre-show for Teal. Mellos open with a unison note, following by the trumpets.

There's the electric violin. Sorry, that high just doesn't have any effect. Give it to a trumpet. That's the drum corps way.

Yikes, horns. That wasn't together. Nice Superman pose (fist on hip during hit), though. :D

I will say this: While I don't think the electric violin blends with the rest of the corps, the guy playing it has skill. I'd love to hear him play in his "natural" environment.

Huge power chord from the horns to end the opener.

80s synth chord to open the second piece.

Yeah, great park and blow moment! Horns know how to put out sound.

Guard members now bringing out bronze colored poles. Not sure what this symbolizes, assuming it does at all.

Horns sound great at the loud volumes, but lose some of their balance at the quieter volumes.

Eletric wind instrument player is moving the way he wishes the notes would sound. It just doesn't sound convincing.

Drums up front. They were doing some great stick visuals earlier. Snares open the fun.

Whoa! Pit kid just did a somersault over the lined up cymbal line. That was amazing.

There's a different sound quality change when the amped instruments stop playing and the horns start and there's no way around it. It's just the nature of how each projects from their respective sources.