Erie August 7th

Crowd's really into this show, too. Will the weather delay benefit the Colts tonight?

Ahh, good. More aggressive dynamic contrast from the horns in the closer. More effective as a result.

The timpani player on his own is a show to watch. He is INTO what he's doing.

Here comes the rain again. No wind, though, so that's a plus.

8e8jm.jpg

The Colts...Take Two....ACTION!

We got two great play by play/tweeter host tonight.

Kevin - it you get a chance to talk to Chris again, I'm curious if they are going to close the brass holes. I counted 2-3 in Allentown and it really impacted GE visual...at least for me.

There were a couple other corps in A-Town that had a few brass holes (and have since June) - its a shame really. If you can't fill 'em, close 'em up!

Nice. Drum major acknowledges the crowd while the timp player conducts the corps to start the final moments of the show.

Yep.

Very good. Someone asked earlier what the judges in the press box can see. Your photos answer that question!

Kevin - it you get a chance to talk to Chris again, I'm curious if they are going to close the brass holes. I counted 2-3 in Allentown and it really impacted GE visual...at least for me.

There were a couple other corps in A-Town that had a few brass holes (and have since June) - its a shame really. If you can't fill 'em, close 'em up!

You're assuming they're permanent holes and not just kids that couldn't go that night. I didn't notice any holes tonight.

Very good. Someone asked earlier what the judges in the press box can see. Your photos answer that question!

The judges are in the level above me, though, so their vantage point is a little better, at least.

I think this may be the first time I see them live ever, but, regardless...

Next on the field are The Academy from Tempe, Arizona. Their 2011 program is entitled "(RE)" and consists of:

Little Fugue in G Minor by Bach, Johann Sebastian

Lux Arumque by Whitacre, Eric

Fly by Einaudi, Ludovico

Lollapalooza by Adams, John