Erie August 7th

You're assuming they're permanent holes and not just kids that couldn't go that night. I didn't notice any holes tonight.

Fair enough, I'm just making this assumption based on the 2 times I have seen the Colts and all of their fan network videos. Most of the holes seem to be in the first half of the show. Likely started closing the last half of the drill when they were learning it back in June once they realized they may not fill the spots.

Best show ive seen the colts put on this year. They should be proud of that performance. It started to rain pretty good in the middle of it, just kept going and the crowd appreciated it and let the corps know it.

DrumCorpsNation DrumCorps Nation

Colts: performed thru rain. I just keep noticing design flaws in the show. Lots of hornline stickouts tonight.

The judges are in the level above me, though, so their vantage point is a little better, at least.

That's a relief (though they're still at a pretty low vantage point, especially for a show so late in the season).

Excellent piccolo trumpet solo on Little Fugue in G minor to start the show.

lbkcy.jpg

Academy ready. Rain letting up.

DrumCorpsNation DrumCorps Nation

Colts: performed thru rain. I just keep noticing design flaws in the show. Lots of hornline stickouts tonight.

Ya I noticed that as well. In the last few years, Colts have ended the season around 85. This season, my prediction is just over 80. I'm not sure if it is a design thing, a younger corps, a combination of both or that the competition is just that much better this year.

Mellos aren't in tune on their unison note. Love the energy, but gotta watch that ensemble sound. You had extra time to tune tonight because of the delay.

Crowd is even more receptive than before the delay. I think they realize that any corps that performs the rest of the night is a bonus.

Nice trade offs between mellos and trumpets. The corps has a huge sound.

Nice 16th note run down the line, then back up.

Jeez, nobody can make fun of Jupiter horns any more.

Wow. I can tell why this corps is contending for Finals. Again. Can they break through this year?

Weird seeing the corps without shakos, but the weather made that a factor.