Erie August 7th

Argh, I was at this show last year. Unfortunately, I can't attend any DCI shows this summer. Wish I could be there!

Gonna be fun tonight.... BK is .55 behind Madison coming in, Madison is .95 from Boston coming in. I think those 3 corps will tighten up a bit! Has been looking like Boston will be 8th come finals but this week will tell us for sure!

Wes P

Actually, I'm not really Phantom fan. I was on staff for a corps that was in Erie the last two years. No one, including the corps you describe got massive reactions. Not even Scouts. YOU may have reacted, but the overall crowd certainly didn't.

I even remember one of my members last year asking me later near the concession stand, "How does a crowd not react to Scout's opening?"

Reply from random Erie show-goer in line with us: "Don't worry too much about it....it's Erie...it's always dead".

Again, not a joke...that really happened.

I hate to say it but I have to agree that the the crowd has not been as responsive as they historically have been the last few years. Don't know why. I do remember the PR encore you speak of. Elsa ended and people split for the lot. Been coming to the LEF every year since '90 and never remember that happening. Hope they show up strong this year. Well, on my way to the show!

I hate to say it but I have to agree that the the crowd has not been as responsive as they historically have been the last few years. Don't know why. I do remember the PR encore you speak of. Elsa ended and people split for the lot. Been coming to the LEF every year since '90 and never remember that happening. Hope they show up strong this year. Well, on my way to the show!

jealous :smile:

I'm at the stadium right now (enjoying Boston's run through. Jealous? :D ) and I can tell you why the crowd is dead: The stands have only ELEVEN rows. Corps would have to drop their horn levels to 5 degrees and almost eliminate box level for the entire show to avoid their sound going OVER the fans.

As to somebody's comment that this is the last outdoor show of the season, don't forget the Massillon, Ohio, show on Tuesday (8/9). That is most definitely outdoors, although there is an overhang above the center of the stands, perfect for capturing all of the above mentioned sound.

I'm at the stadium right now (enjoying Boston's run through. Jealous? :D ) and I can tell you why the crowd is dead: The stands have only ELEVEN rows. Corps would have to drop their horn levels to 5 degrees and almost eliminate box level for the entire show to avoid their sound going OVER the fans.

As to somebody's comment that this is the last outdoor show of the season, don't forget the Massillon, Ohio, show on Tuesday (8/9). That is most definitely outdoors, although there is an overhang above the center of the stands, perfect for capturing all of the above mentioned sound.

I remember performing at Massillon back in the 80's. Great venue, great crowd.

I remember performing at Massillon back in the 80's. Great venue, great crowd.

That was my home show when I marched Glassmen in the 90s. Being near the end of the season, it also meant my family saw us near the top of our game, which was a plus.

This is the last show for 2011 - out side!(for these Corps)

Tommorow night's show in Massillion, Ohio is in Paul Brown Tiger Stadium, is outside in a non domed stadium , and some of these Corps will be competing " outside " there as well.

Edited by BRASSO

Can we count on some play by play tonight Kevin

All right, let's get this on.

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the 2011 Lake Erie Fanfare World Class competition at McDowell High School in Erie, Pennsylvania! My name is Kevin Gamin and I will be your host for this evening's Live From the Stands coverage of the show. After severe storms this morning, the skies have remained clear, if not downright sunny, and we're going to have a great night of drum corps, with show time temperatures at 82 degrees!

Tonight's show features all World Class corps except for last year's Top 8, which are performing in the last Tour of Championships event for this season. Pioneer is also not attending this event, although I don't know the reason why. If anybody knows, please let us know. The first corps steps off at 5:30, so be sure you're watching this thread for updates starting around that time.