Drum Corps Show "FirstBeat" in Summerville, SC

Hope there are carrier pigeons all the birdies were missing at the show to night. No tweets but maybe faster coo coo's.

Yes, I think it's going to be one of those,, we'll see the RECAPS tomorrow.. hope not. I'll give it a little while but getting tired.

Nice job BK..

Scores all over the place from last night. Different judges must see different things. Oh well, go drum corps!

Yes. Its not so much the performance as it is the judges draw in the show, imo. Each Corps... all of them... have judges predisposed to like their show this year as well as those that simply do not like the show as much as others judges do. This is particularly so in the non performance execution captions, ie GE Music, GE Visual, etc. A lot of this is the luck of the judging draw. BK might actually have done a better performance than last night, but lost ground to Boston despite this. Madison might have had an off nite, but they closed the gap on Boston and distanced themselves from BK. Its just the way it is, especially this year it seems. They'll be all sorts of scoring swings in my opinion all the way to Finals.. and this includes Finals Night itself.

Edited by BRASSO

Yes, I think it's going to be one of those,, we'll see the RECAPS tomorrow.. hope not. I'll give it a little while but getting tired.

Nice job BK..

Great job Boston and Madison and all the corps out there. Air went out on Guard bus :-(

Is anyone else missing their little emotions, mine aren't here and I love those things

Edited by Tricia-A BD/BK Mom

Just got a text from Craig reagarding Boston and their clinics "Those kids work their a@@@@ off". I love drum corps kids, every flavor - oh - I meant corps. LOL

• Like 1

Just got a text from Craig reagarding Boston and their clinics "Those kids work their a@@@@ off". I love drum corps kids, every flavor - oh - I meant corps. LOL

The work ethic from all the corps is incredible...

Good stuff re. the clinics and the work they do.

Nice to see kids compliment each other's hard work and devotion to their Corps and shows!!!!! :angel1:

Yes. Its not so much the performance as it is the judges draw in the show, imo. Each Corps... all of them... have judges predisposed to like their show this year as well as those that simply do not like the show as much as others judges do. This is particularly so in the non performance execution captions, ie GE Music, GE Visual, etc. A lot of this is the luck of the judging draw. BK might actually have done a better performance than last night, but lost ground to Boston despite this. Madison might have had an off nite, but they closed the gap on Boston and distanced themselves from BK. Its just the way it is, especially this year it seems. They'll be all sorts of scoring swings in my opinion all the way to Finals.. and this includes Finals Night itself.

It ain't over to the fat lady sings....which has just reminded me of the Velvet Knights show in the early 90's... :tongue:

Thinking of corps as different flavors, that could make for interesting discussion. :lookaround:

The Bridgemen Corps from years ago were definately the flavor... " banana ".

• Like 1