Drum Corps Show "FirstBeat" in Summerville, SC

I guess the same could be said for someone who goes in a corps-specific thread and taunts that corps with their posts, just sayin'

Personally, I have no problem with booing...yes, even if the Scouts were the ones getting booed. Why? Because the crowd has a voice as well. They are expressing their disagreement or displeasure with the judges. It's not in any way a reflection upon the kids. Who am I to say that the crowd doesn't have a right to express themselves? After all, they're the ones who paid to get in.

Maybe it's just the libertarian in me, but people need to get thicker skin. If having your placement booed is the worst thing that happens to you in life, then you're doing pretty darn good. It's a competitive activity, folks.

i wish you the best of luck for the rest of the season. good luck

• Like 2

Going back a few pages, the reason Crown isn't there is because they were supposed to compete last night in NightBEAT, but it got rained out. Which brIngs this question to mind: why is FirstBEAT on the second night?

Would have been nice if they'd at least have done an exhibition or standstill at a show they're hosting.

Garry in Vegas

I'm sure the Scouts on the field do not appreciate fans booing. Its the Madison fans over the years that are always booing everyone. A couple of years ago Madisons drill was the equivelent of an alumni corps standstill, and their fans though it was such a wonderous exhibition of precision. Madison is supposed to be Apple pie, and all that is good about America,just because they do not have a name like Glassmen, Crusaders, Crossmen etc. These other corps work too hard to have to put up with that crap.

• Like 1

Going back a few pages, the reason Crown isn't there is because they were supposed to compete last night in NightBEAT, but it got rained out. Which brIngs this question to mind: why is FirstBEAT on the second night?

Would have been nice if they'd at least have done an exhibition or standstill at a show they're hosting.

Firstbeat normally is in June and Crown does attend. DCI wanted a show for the corps competing in Orlando so they didn't have such a ling travel to the next show. Firstbeat was used as the show to accommodate that request.

Garry in Vegas

Sorry couldn't get the reply quote thing right on the phone

DCI asked that Firstbeat be moved to accommodate those corps in the Orlando show so they didn't have such a long drive between shows. Firstbeat is normally in June and Crown attends. Schedule didn't allow it thus year. It was a great show with some great performances. Congratulations to all of the performers.

THER ARE IDIOTS EVERYWHERE. THOSE WHO CHOOSE TO BOO ARE MENTAL MIDGETS AND LACKING IN SOMETHING FROM THEIR UPBRINGING. THOSE MEMBERS OF BK,MADISON BOSTON SURF GLASSMEN ARE OUTSTANDING YOUNG MEN AND WOMEN. WHAT INTERESTING ABOUT BOOING ITS NOT GOING TO CHANGE ANYTHING SCORING WISE. IT JUST MAKES IDIOTS LOOK LIKE BIGGER ONES.

Unlike posting in all caps, which is completely awesome! :thumbup:

• Like 2

HEY BRASSO WILL YOU BE AT BOSTONS SHOW ON THURSDAY?

I imagine he will be. Since Big Bird is back in UT, on a charger, he'll be represented on Thursday afternoon, beginning with an appearence under the VIP Big Top!

I'm sure the Scouts on the field do not appreciate fans booing. Its the Madison fans over the years that are always booing everyone. A couple of years ago Madisons drill was the equivelent of an alumni corps standstill, and their fans though it was such a wonderous exhibition of precision. Madison is supposed to be Apple pie, and all that is good about America,just because they do not have a name like Glassmen, Crusaders, Crossmen etc. These other corps work too hard to have to put up with that crap.

Yeah, all those Scouts fans in Crown's back yard. :rolleyes: You could say that if it were Scout's home show, but unless they have home shows all over the country, I don't think that flies. I've been to many many shows where the Scouts placement was not at all booed. It's only when the crowd so vehemently disagrees with the judges that it happens.

Isn't that easier to believe anyway? Rather than some roving band of renegade booing Scouts fans? C'mon... :tongue:

Your above comments are hyperbole and aren't backed up by anything close to the truth. Careful, your bias is showing...

Edited by BigBadMadMan
  • Like 2

Hater Alert. :thumbdown:

• Like 1