Drum Corps Show "FirstBeat" in Summerville, SC

it got rained out. Which brIngs this question to mind: why is FirstBEAT on the second night?

Which brings to mind the question, " if the rain keeps up, does this mean it won't come down ? ".

I'm sure the Scouts on the field do not appreciate fans booing. Its the Madison fans over the years that are always booing everyone. A couple of years ago Madisons drill was the equivelent of an alumni corps standstill, and their fans though it was such a wonderous exhibition of precision. Madison is supposed to be Apple pie, and all that is good about America,just because they do not have a name like Glassmen, Crusaders, Crossmen etc. These other corps work too hard to have to put up with that crap.

Glassmen fan, perhaps? You are quite incorrect about the Scouts' drill a few years ago....it may have been lousy....but not an alumni standstill. Personally, I think the Scouts name is a whole lot stronger than Glassmen...for certain. All corps work hard and deserve no crap! If the crowd feels the Scouts...or whomever...deserve a better placement...then they can boo. They paid a bit of money for the ticket...so they can state their case....good or bad....to a certain extent. I don't see anyone booing Blue Devils, for example....even though their painfully slow paced drill is no match in comparison to other top tier corps. Just an opinion....as I like the Blue Devils....but I don't think they deserve to win with that show....and if people boo a placement....so be it. It's not the kids....it's the placement.

• Like 1

Glassmen fan, perhaps? You are quite incorrect about the Scouts' drill a few years ago....it may have been lousy....but not an alumni standstill. Personally, I think the Scouts name is a whole lot stronger than Glassmen...for certain. All corps work hard and deserve no crap! If the crowd feels the Scouts...or whomever...deserve a better placement...then they can boo. They paid a bit of money for the ticket...so they can state their case....good or bad....to a certain extent. I don't see anyone booing Blue Devils, for example....even though their painfully slow paced drill is no match in comparison to other top tier corps. Just an opinion....as I like the Blue Devils....but I don't think they deserve to win with that show....and if people boo a placement....so be it. It's not the kids....it's the placement.

Blue devils get booed all the time because they are winning and the people think they shouldn't.

I'm sure the Scouts on the field do not appreciate fans booing. Its the Madison fans over the years that are always booing everyone. A couple of years ago Madisons drill was the equivelent of an alumni corps standstill, and their fans though it was such a wonderous exhibition of precision. Madison is supposed to be Apple pie, and all that is good about America,just because they do not have a name like Glassmen, Crusaders, Crossmen etc. These other corps work too hard to have to put up with that crap.

You should join the other guy on here and start posting in all caps. It would be even more awesome! :thumbup:

• Like 2

This just my opinion: So you feel that because fans purchase tickets they have the right to boo. you also feel it dosent affect the kids. I was just wondering how you think the drum major feels when he /she goes back to their respective corps. My feeling is it shows poor taste and that giving a round of applause for the effort every kid makes shows alot more class and maturity. Just my thoughts.

• Like 2

This just my opinion: So you feel that because fans purchase tickets they have the right to boo. you also feel it dosent affect the kids. I was just wondering how you think the drum major feels when he /she goes back to their respective corps. My feeling is it shows poor taste and that giving a round of applause for the effort every kid makes shows alot more class and maturity. Just my thoughts.

Great. So it's ok to express your opinion, but only if it's positive. In other words, the crowd can clap and cheer but not boo a placement. Got it.

Why is one ok and not the other? You ought to consider that before you answer.

Great. So it's ok to express your opinion, but only if it's positive. In other words, the crowd can clap and cheer but not boo a placement. Got it.

Why is one ok and not the other? You ought to consider that before you answer.

i can state how i feel and again i wish you the best of luck this year with your corps. I dont think i have ever totold you to think before you answer. Its my opinion. booing lacks class and it should not happen. how are you doing are you having a good day. good luck to madison

• Like 1

I'm sure the Scouts on the field do not appreciate fans booing. Its the Madison fans over the years that are always booing everyone. A couple of years ago Madisons drill was the equivelent of an alumni corps standstill,

Hey whats wrong with alumni standstill ??

This is a slap in the face to alumni standstill people........like me..

i can state how i feel and again i wish you the best of luck this year with your corps. I dont think i have ever totold you to think before you answer. Its my opinion. booing lacks class and it should not happen. how are you doing are you having a good day. good luck to madison

hello bigbadmadman just thought you would like to read on page 11 a post from adub read it it is from a madison alum. just thought you would like to read it. Im not trying to change your mind. have a great day.

Edited by mondocane1970

hello bigbadmadman just thought you would like to read on page 11 a post from adub read it it is from a madison alum. just thought you would like to read it. Im not trying to change your mind. have a great day.

I read it. I'm also an alum and I have a different opinion. We're all entitled to that. You act as if this is some sort of orchestrated event, pre-planned to denigrate the kids or the judges. Cheering (or booing) is usually a visceral reaction. If this were something that was JUST happening with the Scouts, you might have a point...but it's not. Like I said, I have been to many shows over the last few years where the Scouts placement was not booed. Only when the crowd vehemently disagrees does it happen.

Murfreesboro '99 was a good example. The entire crowd was raining boos and then followed it with a stadium-wide standing O. They were voicing their displeasure at the placement and then their appreciation for what the Scouts had thrown down...nothing more.

Edited by BigBadMadMan