Drum Corps Show "FirstBeat" in Summerville, SC

Yes, I think it's going to be one of those,, we'll see the RECAPS tomorrow.. hope not. I'll give it a little while but getting tired.

Nice job BK..

When it's this slow its not usually posted to around 2am sometimes unfortunately...

The crowd went wild over Madison and when Boston won they booed. Boston did get standing "O's" during their performance. It was a good show. I told Craig I thought that was horrible and he said, "No biggie it just means you're good!" When he marched BD I think he got thick skinned and getting boo-ed really didn't bother him as a corps member. I guess Mom's are just a little protective about things like that and sometimes jump to conclusions. Sometimes fans just do things, not directed at a corps but in actuality their response is directed at the judges. "What are you going to do?" It happens.

Edited by Tricia-A BD/BK Mom

Dog-gone-it, just heard the crowd went wild over Madison and when Boston won they booed. That is wrong at so many levels. I told Craig I thought that was horrible and he said, "No biggie it just means your good!"

Crowd going nuts over Madison = Expected. Crowd booing, not so nice. :thumbdown:

Crowd going nuts over Madison = Expected. Crowd booing, not so nice. :thumbdown:

Been there,,, done that.

Madison has a great show a great impact and incredible crowd appeal. The crowd is just expressing what they feel. I was in a corps that won many shows and championships and most of the time boos were the norm... often times a winner is criticized in so many ways... Just look at the nasty Blue Devil threads that folks post to these forums,,, lots of people hate a winner especially when they are so good at what they do, they make it look easy.

Regardless, congrats to all the corps fielding this year. They work hard and you are right, Boos are so not deserved by any corps.

THER ARE IDIOTS EVERYWHERE. THOSE WHO CHOOSE TO BOO ARE MENTAL MIDGETS AND LACKING IN SOMETHING FROM THEIR UPBRINGING. THOSE MEMBERS OF BK,MADISON BOSTON SURF GLASSMEN ARE OUTSTANDING YOUNG MEN AND WOMEN. WHAT INTERESTING ABOUT BOOING ITS NOT GOING TO CHANGE ANYTHING SCORING WISE. IT JUST MAKES IDIOTS LOOK LIKE BIGGER ONES.

• Like 5

Well, so much for " Southern Hospitality " for the judges huh ? ( haha! )

Booing scores is just so dumb. I don't know a paradiddle from a paramutual. So I'm not booing scores when I don't know percussion ( or guard, visual) performance execution levels from the man in the moon.

Edited by BRASSO

THER ARE IDIOTS EVERYWHERE. THOSE WHO CHOOSE TO BOO ARE MENTAL MIDGETS AND LACKING IN SOMETHING FROM THEIR UPBRINGING. THOSE MEMBERS OF BK,MADISON BOSTON SURF GLASSMEN ARE OUTSTANDING YOUNG MEN AND WOMEN. WHAT INTERESTING ABOUT BOOING ITS NOT GOING TO CHANGE ANYTHING SCORING WISE. IT JUST MAKES IDIOTS LOOK LIKE BIGGER ONES.

Agreed,,, BOO to the idiots... lol kidding,,,,

Dog-gone-it, just heard the crowd went wild over Madison and when Boston won they booed. That is wrong at so many levels. I told Craig I thought that was horrible and he said, "No biggie it just means your good!"

I like the bolded answer...

Unfortunately Boo'ing comes with the territory as they say...Well BAC will get lot's of extra cheering from ME in a few days anyway...hope they don't throw me out of the place cause I am going to be VERY LOUD :smile: