How many Open class corps will make semi-finals?

Alright, as long as we're on this subject, exactly what criteria did DCI establish for OC corps to compete in the WC championships? Every time I ask that question I get a million different explanations.

No, they are "World Class Prelims" predictions, based on what DCI is calling it:

Complete 2011 World Championships Schedule of Events

(see Thursday, August 11th).

I stand corrected. Thanks.

Alright, as long as we're on this subject, exactly what criteria did DCI establish for OC corps to compete in the WC championships? Every time I ask that question I get a million different explanations.

I don't know if this will be one of the million or one million + 1 :)

My very loose understanding is that there essentially is no criteria. The Thursday competition for World Class is truly open to all comers.

I don't know if this will be one of the million or one million + 1 :)

My very loose understanding is that there essentially is no criteria. The Thursday competition for World Class is truly open to all comers.

As long as they compete in today's OC Prelims, they are invited to compete in Thursday's WC Prelims. All judging will be done on WC sheets with WC "tolerances".

The thing to remember is that the Open corps in prelims will be on World Class sheets for the first time, and they are substantially different. It's going to be harder than most people think to beat more than one or two World Class corps at most.

That said, BDB should be the favorite to move up the most.

That said, BDB should be the favorite to move up the most.

Agreed The difference in sheets has been the bulk of the conversation in this thread.

Not sure about the BDB comment at this point. Looks like OC, BDB, and SCVC are in a dead heat. OC just beat BDB but I don't think they have beaten SCVC. My money would be on BDB but this is as close as it gets.

Agreed The difference in sheets has been the bulk of the conversation in this thread.

Not sure about the BDB comment at this point. Looks like OC, BDB, and SCVC are in a dead heat. OC just beat BDB but I don't think they have beaten SCVC. My money would be on BDB but this is as close as it gets.

On World Class sheets that isn't going to be the case.

When I first met my wife (who didn't know ANYTHING about Drum Corps at the time) I told her that OC, WC and DCA use different sheets, and she wanted to know why they all slept on different sheets. True story.

• Like 2