How many Open class corps will make semi-finals?

25? holy cow, I thought it was still 17. That's lame!

Nah. What DCI has really done is go back to the old days. Prelims was whoever showed up, and the top 25 corps would move on the Semi-Finals. I always thought cutting to 17 for semis was the lame move.

• Like 1

Weren't the old days: Prelims on Wednesday (all comers), Quarter Finals on Thursday (top 25), Semi Finals on Friday (top 17?) and Finals on Saturday (top 12).

Now we have all comers on Thursday night, top 25 on Friday and top 12 on Saturday?

The format seems to change annually.

First post in this part of DCP ever (God that makes me sound like an ###). Just wanted to say I hope some of the OC corps school as many WC corps as possible. The activity needs this opportunity for competition, glad it's back!

Yep, the top three are my bet to go in... but it could be as few as one.

For World Class, Pioneer is almost certainly not making Semis, and Cascades and Jersey Surf need to watch out.

Weren't the old days: Prelims on Wednesday (all comers), Quarter Finals on Thursday (top 25), Semi Finals on Friday (top 17?) and Finals on Saturday (top 12).

Now we have all comers on Thursday night, top 25 on Friday and top 12 on Saturday?

The format seems to change annually.

Actually, the really old days were prelims Thursday and Finals Friday night. That was how I remember it from 1972. Then they went to what's now WC prelims on Friday and Finals Saturday. I think the first use of the prelims/quarters/semis/finals format was Miami in 1983.

Yep, the top three are my bet to go in... but it could be as few as one.

For World Class, Pioneer is almost certainly not making Semis, and Cascades and Jersey Surf need to watch out.

Aren't you contradicting yourself a bit here? If you believe three go in (I agree) then Cascades and Jersey Surf are nearly assuredly in unless Pioneer really surprises and catches them. If three OC corps go in then Pioneer will just miss and all other WC corps are in. As few as one is not a possibility. There are 23 WC corps so the minimum number of OC corps in is two.

I think that it will be close enough between Pioneer and the top 3 OC corps that it is a virtual toss-up between four corps (Pioneer plus 3 OC) competing for the last three spots. It could be Pioneer plus 2, or 3 OC and Pioneer just missing.