Indianapolis & LOS tips

does anyone have any idea of what the performance times are going to be? Obviously the order is not set, but are the times? I know everything starts around 5:30, but i also know there is a bunch of hooplah befor the corps perform. Im asking cuz my brothers wedding reception is finals day earlier, so i have to book it from northern KY during that to catch my "Juliet". I was hoping i would get there to catch Stars too, but thats def. pushing it. So anyone know?

I'm surprised no mention of this yet, but the JW Marriott hotel has opened up since last year and its a perfect location between Military Park and LOS. Probably one of the more expensive options, but from what I hear well worth it. http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/indjw-jw-marriott-indianapolis/ Also for late night food, can you ever go wrong with Dunking Donuts at the corner of Washington and Penn? Locate at the same intersection as DD is Fogo de Chao for an amazing meal. Its pricey but worth it. Go during lunch for a cheaper bill on the same food.

Still some reasonably priced rooms at nice hotels in Indy on Hotwire.

I am pretty sure the 3.5 star no smoking at the airport is the Crown Plaza that we have stayed at the past couple of years. Only an easy 15 minute drive to and from the stadium. Currently $51 a night plus taxes for Friday and Saturday nights. Free parking. On Expedia it is $84 a night.

There are even downtown hotels that are 3.5 and 4 stars that are currently listed at $64 - $68 a night plus taxes for Friday and Saturday nights. For most of the downtown hotels you have to pay for parking but you can walk everywhere and not have to pay for stadium parking.

Just booked a room this am for a 3.5 downtown for Saturday Night for $65. Got the Sheraton which on Expedia is $134.

Just got the University Place hotel at IUPUI for $68/night. Not sure what their regular rate is, but I called and the girl told me that was an excellent rate.

****Just checked their website and if you book through there, the rate is $169 per night. Saved $200. Not shabby. :tongue:

Edited by BigBadMadMan

DCI run a free bus from outside the main entrance of LOS to White River State Park. It runs on a continuous loop so you can get there and back as often as you like. The park is less than 5 minutes away from LOS by bus.

I've just noticed reading through the DCI Finals schedule that warm ups have moved this year to the Military Park. I assume there will still be a shuttle bus from LOS.

I haven't seen The Canterbury Hotel listed, I hope I didn't book a dive room. I can't believe I booked this in February spaced out and didn't get tickets. I have a place to stay and nowhere to go. :wall:

I have been looking for tickets including going to different corps sites. The tickets are "not so good" right now including Ticket Master. It has been suggested a couple of times to go to the stadium that people are usually selling extra tickets they may have. I have never paid attention to that because I usually already have my tickets in hand.

I'm getting pretty nervous, has anyone ever noticed people selling tickets outside of the stadium?

Thanks for all the advice here, my printer is very busy.

The Canterbury is a wonderful, classy hotel. You've chosen well.

Just got the University Place hotel at IUPUI for $68/night. Not sure what their regular rate is, but I called and the girl told me that was an excellent rate.

****Just checked their website and if you book through there, the rate is $169 per night. Saved $200. Not shabby. :tongue:

I've stayed at University Place before, and it's a nice hotel. It's a bit longer of a walk to the stadium than most of the other downtown hotels.

I've stayed at University Place before, and it's a nice hotel. It's a bit longer of a walk to the stadium than most of the other downtown hotels.

Yeah, I'm not walking it. lol